sgardner

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgardner

Thanks, I was watching that Holmes on Homes show last nite and i have seen them mount panels horizontally before. I wonder if its legal in Canada to mount them that way?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Do they have maple leaves in Cleveland? Welcome to the forum. I watch that show frequently, and noticed several things that are different from the way we do things here.

480sparky

Umm, mods can read IP addresses. They know where we are at, or at least our ISP.

That really doesn't help, though. I've tracked my own ISP only to have it show up in Montana, Texas, California, Montreal, let alone Iowa.

My guess is Charlie just Googled "IBEW 38" and Cleveland showed up on the first 10 hits.

Last edited:

jumper

That really doesn't help, though. I've tracked my own ISP only to have it show up in Montana, Texas, California, Montreal, let alone Iowa.

My guess is Charlie just Googled "IBEW 38" and Cleveland showed up on the first 10 hits.

I have seen the "geek squad" at work do this. Are you sure you are pinpointing an IP address/location or tracking a routing?

This is not my forte, but I know it can be done, also the OP is referencing the NEC. Why would a Canadian care?

480sparky

I have seen the "geek squad" at work do this. Are you sure you are pinpointing an IP address/location or tracking a routing?

This is not my forte, but I know it can be done,.......

"My" ISP changes all the time, as do most people's. Usually done automatically.

also the OP is referencing the NEC. Why would a Canadian care?

Maybe places in Canada have adopted the NEC? Nothing says it is strictly a US code.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Do they have maple leaves in Cleveland?

When Cleveland moved north of the border.
It didn't move north of the border. Its been there awhile. :roll:

As for the Cleveland in Ohio, I'd reasonably assume yes. I'm about 100 miles south, and we certainly do have maple leaves here... not to mention the maple trees that go with 'em.. Heck, if someone doesn't cut their grass regularly and their anywhere near a maple tree, they'll have maple saplings springing up all over the place :D

Smart $

Esteemed Member
"My" ISP changes all the time, as do most people's. Usually done automatically.
Hmmm... ISP stands for Internet Service Provider. Whereas IP address is a little different but bears upon the ISP most of the time. Click on link for more details via wikipedia.

As to automatically changing IP addresses versus location reported for said IP address, that depends a lot on the service provider. Also depends on whether the modem being checked has been issued a static or dynamic IP address, but even dynamic addresses can be assigned to a vicinity. Of course there are ways to get around the IP addresses assigned by ISP's, too.

480sparky

.........As for the Cleveland in Ohio, I'd reasonably assume yes. I'm about 100 miles south, and we certainly do have maple leaves here............

Have you checked lately? Maybe they packed up and moved north in anticipation of global warming!:D

Hmmm... ISP stands for Internet Service Provider. Whereas IP address is a little different but bears upon the ISP most of the time. Click on link for more details via wikipedia.

As to automatically changing IP addresses versus location reported for said IP address, that depends a lot on the service provider.............

Yea, my bad. I meant IP address. I've seen mine come back to anywhere and everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.