elevator question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyx92

Yes 620.51(A) and within in sight of the controller. I see you are looking at 620.51(C)(1) and (2)

Ok. Is 620.51(B) saying that you need a shunt-trip breaker or something similar if you have a sprinkled control room? It says "the disconnecting means shall be permitted to automatically open the power supply", is that saying I have an option? :confused:

Yes you need a shunt trip breaker or a relay. So as when the sprinlkers come on above the elevator eqipment. The elevator will stop, hope fully on a floor:wink:

chevyx92

Yes you need a shunt trip breaker or a relay. So as when the sprinlkers come on above the elevator eqipment. The elevator will stop, hope fully on a floor:wink:

But is it saying that I "Must" do this??? :confused: It says "shall be permitted". To me that sounds like I have a choice. Am I just reading this wrong. What do you other guys know or say?

cadpoint

Yes you need a shunt trip breaker or a relay. So as when the sprinlkers come on above the elevator equipment. The elevator will stop, hope fully on a floor:wink:

I'm trying to get finished with a job. It's an all hydraulic elevator there's no sprinkler head above the cab,
there's only one sprinkler in the Pit at 2'-0" off of elevation of the pit floor. ((AS I RECALL))

The elevator today passed the recall by interface with the F/A, the shunt trip breaker preformed well also!

The engineer of record missed it in their design!
I beleive its a Dept of Labor / via the Dept of Insurance requirement in our state.

Welcome to the Forum - Local ...

chevyx92

I'm trying to get finished with a job. It's an all hydraulic elevator there's no sprinkler head above the cab,
there's only one sprinkler in the Pit at 2'-0" off of elevation of the pit floor. ((AS I RECALL))

The elevator today passed the recall by interface with the F/A, the shunt trip breaker preformed well also!

The engineer of record missed it in their design!
I beleive its a Dept of Labor / via the Dept of Insurance requirement in our state.

Welcome to the Forum - Local ...

Was your shunt trip located remote from the machine room and you had a fused disconnect in the machine room?

Status
Not open for further replies.