Split-Bolt Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevee

I'm sure this has probably been brought up before, but where can I find the UL Listing for Split-Bolt Connectors?

I have often heard that, unless otherwise marked or listed for the purpose, split-bolts are only listed for two conductors.

So, if I were looking for the listing on a particular brand of split-bolt, where would I find that info? I've never seen a split-bolt that came with directions, or markings indicating number of conductors permitted.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Split Bolts are covered under "Wire Connectors", ZMVV in the UL White Book which basically tells you to install per manufacture design

macmikeman

I don't want to bother taking the time to do this now, but I posted a three conductor listing on this forum a couple of years ago. Might have been a burndy product, I cannot remember. (frequent event :confused:)

kwired

Electron manager
I'm sure this has probably been brought up before, but where can I find the UL Listing for Split-Bolt Connectors?

I have often heard that, unless otherwise marked or listed for the purpose, split-bolts are only listed for two conductors.

So, if I were looking for the listing on a particular brand of split-bolt, where would I find that info? I've never seen a split-bolt that came with directions, or markings indicating number of conductors permitted.

Like other products that are not individually packaged, but may be sold individually, you likely will not receive any instructions if you do not purchase a full package.

You should be able to look for instructions at the manufacturers web site in most cases, or ask the supplier for instructions.

You are probably not as concerned about listings or even the brand as much as you are about the instructions for the model number you wish to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.