Moble home under chassis wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouse

I ma going to install a 30a 240v A/C circut to the outside disconnect for the A/C unit. The bkr panel is located on one side of the home and the A/C unit is directly across the trailer so I decided to run down out of the box to under the trailer and across to the other side. Tha trailer has skirting around it so I wanted to know if it has to be piped all the way under the trailer. The NEC 550.15(h) says "Exposed to weather" does the skirting make it not exposed to weather?

ceb58

I ma going to install a 30a 240v A/C circut to the outside disconnect for the A/C unit. The bkr panel is located on one side of the home and the A/C unit is directly across the trailer so I decided to run down out of the box to under the trailer and across to the other side. Tha trailer has skirting around it so I wanted to know if it has to be piped all the way under the trailer. The NEC 550.15(h) says "Exposed to weather" does the skirting make it not exposed to weather?

I think the fact it has skirting will make no difference on a mobile home.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Check out 550.15(H)

(H) Under-Chassis Wiring (Exposed to Weather). Where outdoor or under-chassis line-voltage (120 volts, nominal, or higher) wiring is exposed to moisture or physical damage, it shall be protected by rigid metal conduit or intermediate metal conduit. The conductors shall be suitable for wet locations.
Exception: Type MI cable, electrical metallic tubing, or rigid nonmetallic conduit shall be permitted where closely routed against frames and equipment enclosures.

Doesn't give an exception for underpinning or skirting around the trailer. I agree pipe is the best option-- PVC would be my choice, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.