Smoke detector circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

Where does it say lighting circuit. I can not find that.

Doesnt really come from the NEC , but 110.3 b says to follow eguipt instructions , and the instructions say to connect to lighting circuit. It is probably in the NFPA 72 ch 11 , since thats where most of the instructions come from. The IRC doesnt have a lot of info on smokies, it only gives some required locations , and it is not even in the electrical section. :grin:

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Doesnt really come from the NEC , but 110.3 b says to follow eguipt instructions , and the instructions say to connect to lighting circuit. It is probably in the NFPA 72 ch 11 , since thats where most of the instructions come from. The IRC doesnt have a lot of info on smokies, it only gives some required locations , and it is not even in the electrical section. :grin:

Thank you for trying. But saying that it might be in ch 11 does not help me.

As to the instructions, where does it say connect to a lighting circuit? If it does then I will agree. If not I will stand by my earlier posts.

WorkSafe

Here's the instructions from a Kiddie i12040 detector:

The smoke alarm must be installed to comply with all local codes having jurisdiction
in your area. All wiring shall be in accordance with articles 210 and 300.3(B) of
the US National Electrical Code, ANSI / NFPA 70 and NFPA 72. The multiple station
interconnect wiring must be in the same raceway as the AC power wiring. In addition
the resistance if the interconnect wiring shall be a maximum of 10 ohms.
Make certain all alarms are wired to a single, continuous (non-switched) power
line, which is not protected by a ground fault interrupter. A maximum of 1000 ft.
of wire can be used in the interconnect system. Use standard UL listed household
wire as required by code.

Status
Not open for further replies.