2005 nec code book

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sfelectric

New User
I received notice for an exam that said bring 2005 code book. I have a 2014 with tabs and highlighting that I did, that I have been using and also the 2002 and 2008. Besides the current changes would it really cause any confusion or should I just buy a 2005 with a set of tabs

kwired

Electron manager
There were a lot of changes each cycle between 2005 and 2014. For answering questions on raceway fill, conductor ampacity, even most art 220 load calculations - your chances of coming up with same results is good, not much changes in those areas other then editorial changes. Other items you may not find the correct answer that applies to 2005 NEC.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
If they say to bring the 2005 then bring the 2005. If you don't have one you can get used ones on Ebay.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Seems like a lot of the testing agencies still use the 05. I took my exam from the 2005, it had tabs and was allowed. My state was already on the 08 but the test was based on the 05. You probably could "squeak" by using a later version but I would take an 05 to be safe.

To be honest, I don't remember any questions that involved any differences in the code. But my memory plays tricks on me sometimes!:happyyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.