Is "Wiggie" Safe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletis

If your using a wiggie as your only source to check for voltage under load and it shows NO, are you safe from electric shock hazard ?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
If your using a wiggie as your only source to check for voltage under load and it shows NO, are you safe from electric shock hazard ?

Is that "NO" as in no voltage present/detected?
Or is it "NO" as in "normally open"?

Why are you asking, do you have reason to believe your meter is not accurate?

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
No there are some instances were there is insufficient current to make the wiggies solenoid to move.

mivey

No there are some instances were there is insufficient current to make the wiggies solenoid to move.
and I don't trust digitals alone either. I verify with another meter, neon tester, etc. and usually ground the conductor as the last test (well, next-to-last as the high-impedance hand or finger brush is last).

Cletis

Is that "NO" as in no voltage present/detected?
Or is it "NO" as in "normally open"?

Why are you asking, do you have reason to believe your meter is not accurate?

No as in plunger didn't activate and meter didn't vibrate. The NO or GO wiggie reading

Could this insufficient current hurt or kill someone ? Should I not use my wiggie anymore?

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
No as in plunger didn't activate and meter didn't vibrate. The NO or GO wiggie reading

Could this insufficient current hurt or kill someone ? Should I not use my wiggie anymore?

Don't throw that wiggy away.
I don't think that it would kill you.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

Did you check it on a working circuit first? Did you check it on a working circuit after? did you check to see if there is a load on the circuit? Did you check it on a known loaded circuit?

Do not do this while you're loaded....:p

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor

Don't throw that wiggy away.
I don't think that it would kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.