i have a question about ligthing

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.) in calculating the load of lighting units that employ an autotransformer what shall the load be based on?

2.) system of illumination utilizing florescent lamps, high in density discharge lamps, or neon tubing are defined as...?

3.) can multi outlet assemblies be run through hoist ways, within dry partitions, or through dry partitions?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
You will find most folks here eager to assist you with the answers, however, as a general rule we ask that students attempt to answer showing their process and you will get input from many of us,

cadpoint

The Index in the NEC is your friend (sort of)! The NEC does not list ever defination of every technical term only the ones they seem to need to be clearer with the use of their books.

The other hint is that all terms in most electrical questions are not always needed to be used
to answer the question. Having said that, the second or three term not the subject might be
important to remember in the end result when deciding oppone the answer.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
As cadpoint noted, try to determine the key word as to what you are looking for.
As an example, in your first question you are looking for the calculated load. What Article deals with load calculations ?
In your second question, what type of electrical equipment often has neon ?
The index should help with your third.

mgookin

I hope that that was just a bad ought-to-correct for "high intensity". :)

If I posted my opinion about the molestation of the English language, the spelling and the grammar in the title, text and content of this and many other threads I would be banned from this forum.

There's no doubt it is a product of stupidphones and the mechanization of academics.

RIP education in America. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.