Is this violation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFletcher

I'm guessing 110.26(A)(2), width of working space being less than 30". Is there anything out of frame or on the opposite wall that could be the problem? What did the inspection/inspector say?

JFletcher

nothing is there just panel is in niche.
Inspector says that is a violation.

Yes, because 110.26(a)(2) reads "the width of the working space in front of the electrical equipment shall be the width of the equipment or 762mm (30in), whichever is greater. In all cases, the work space shall permit at least a 90 degree opening of equipment doors or hinged panels".

That niche appears barely wider than what I'm guessing is a ~14" panel. It looks pretty and clean, but unfortunately it's in your working space.

JFletcher

well, I got half the answer! At least the OP wont have the sheetrocker go to 30" and ask for reinspection and fail again (thanks to others).

istm that moving the panel forward to be flush with the finish may be easier than refinishing the wall to accomodate workspace.

J.P.

You know there is at least one wire that is just too short to let the panel move forward that far. Besides they would still have to make the opening smaller than the cover or put trim around it.

Shouldn't have happened though. The electrician is going to have to eat this one if he ok-ed that framing.

growler

Thank you for your help.
And yes we will eat that.
Never happen to me again

How many times have I said that? At least most of the time it's been true. :p

We do learn better from our mistakes than anything else. I stepped through a ceiling about 30 years ago. Skinned my shin and had a hole to patch. I was to hot and tired to even be in the attic. That taught me to stop and take a break and cool off.

arrail.thomas

Is a violation because its recessed which the bottom of the panel is less than the 3ft clearance rule. When you step up to it the rule applies. The panel need not to be in a niche you lose your clearances.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.