Equipment Ground Lug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta

Grounded, or Grounding.

Grounded, or Grounding.

Hardworker, part of the problem is the terminology that you are using. In your opening post you stated you had a neutral lug that you were connecting to the ground bar. So do we have a neutral or a ground that you want under this lug.

Are you thinking since this is a neutral lug it won't work as an equipment grounding lug? I am confused.

Yeah, that is a tough one in this trade.

No such thing as a ground wire, ground bar, ground lug, ground terminal, etc.

Last edited:

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
most importantly, when all the smoke cleared has your question been answered

RUWired

interesting enough it does make me that i looked up CH's neutral lug kits and found that the NL20 is rated for 125 amps, the NL30 is rated for 150 amps and the NL300 is rated for 225 amps. I never gave it any thought before because i went by wire size.

Rick

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
interesting enough it does make me that i looked up CH's neutral lug kits and found that the NL20 is rated for 125 amps, the NL30 is rated for 150 amps and the NL300 is rated for 225 amps. I never gave it any thought before because i went by wire size.

Rick

I guess if it fits then use it. So if I use 75C column it would be different size then if I used 60C column. Also 100 amp wire is different in aluminum then it is in copper. What a strange way to rate the lug.

And what if VD came into play. I could have a 4/0 being used for 100 amps.

RUWired

I guess if it fits then use it. So if I use 75C column it would be different size then if I used 60C column. Also 100 amp wire is different in aluminum then it is in copper. What a strange way to rate the lug.

And what if VD came into play. I could have a 4/0 being used for 100 amps.
To keep it simple i would upsize to the larger lug.

Status
Not open for further replies.