Gutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Unless you are trying to use the 24" or less nipple fill/ampacity rules, mounting height is mostly for aesthetics. In the end, functional comes first.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
My issues is I have conduits that need to come into back of gutter but if gutter is below grid said pipes will be below grid in the other side of the wall.

I'd consider putting the gutter right under the drop ceiling where the pipes from the other side of the wall could simply 90 down into the top of the gutter. This way you can cut a big notch out of the ceiling tile over the gutter for your pipes to come through without having to make it look pretty since it isn't visible.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I'd consider putting the gutter right under the drop ceiling where the pipes from the other side of the wall could simply 90 down into the top of the gutter. This way you can cut a big notch out of the ceiling tile over the gutter for your pipes to come through without having to make it look pretty since it isn't visible.
This is the reason for my first reply...
Wireway [top] @ Grid [bottom]
...but it may be difficult to put 90° bends on the conduit coming through the wall. Shepard hook, maybe... depends on distance between penetration and wireway. Alternative is another wireway or j-box or LB's.

Another alternative is to put wireway bottom at grid bottom, then have grid guys rivet a lip-edge around the bottom of the wireway to support tiles. The difficult section will be getting a lip-edge along the bottom of the access panel, and still permit access... but it can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.