Remote disconect

Status
Not open for further replies.

WORF582

We are installing a service to a new building. The main fused disconnect will be 100' from the building and we will be running underground (parallel)to the panel inside the panel. I will be installing our ground rod at the disconnect and running ground wire in each of the conduits to the panel in the building. I will be running our cold water ground and any steel ground to that panel - separate from the neutral bar ... just feeling like I?m doing something wrong having the grounds for the main service going to two different locations

Thanks

raider1

Staff member
From what I can see you are doing every thing correct. (Except you may need a disconnecting means in the panel at the building in accordance with 225.31)

The remote disconnect is the service disconnecting means and needs a grounding electrode system connected to the grounded conductor at the disconnect.

From the disconnect to the building is a feeder supplying a separate structure this feeder must contain an equipment grounding conductor.

At the building a grounding electrode system is needed and would be connected to the equipment grounding conductor(s) at the buildings disconnecting means. (See 250.32(A))

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.