how far does it have to go before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok now were dealing with real safety issues.
the spike issues and the wierd power loss issue is shelved.
to all you who may be a pse employee.. i want to say thank you ignoring a possible transformer fault..
this morning around 2 am there was a fault that destroyed the onsite ups gear and a $2500 apple macbook belonging to my 10 yearold sister.
after i got done packing that stuff up and sending it off to apc and tripplite for claims service. with the mains breaker off to the building i was sitting at the table with my sister as she was eating breakfast. she reached for her ipod nano that was on the table and when her hand got about 7 inches away her index finger drew a big fat blue spark i think the only reason she did not die right there and only got a burnt fingertip is she was on a wood chair at a wood table. i sent her to the hospital for evaluation as required by my training for electric shock. i would like to hear the company excuses in a can for this one so i can add it to my incident report.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
yes.. and i work with hv mv in datacenter sub distributions.. that spark was not static it was line voltage and im not in a good mood

Either there is some vodoo , you are halucinating or you have some sort of extremely strange problem going on.
Is your location being hit by lightning?
Is the grounding system installed correctly?

ok update my sister is fine she has a singed finger and shaken nerves.. and will be kept for observation. now comes the real debate.. my mv training says get my orange pole and open the primary cutout feeding the pig. before whatever let that into the house faults and really makes a mess but i am half tempted to make pse get up there with their non mv gloves and hold onto the lv side of that pig and see how funny they find it when it bites them like it did to my sister

this issue has been going on a while now according to my friend who is the homeowner. and i have pesroanly gone over every inch of this electrical instal and found no ground issues or other consumer side causes for such a mess i would like to point out that this home lost only one leg of service about a month ago but no effort to create the fault again was able to do so and the lineman really had that 85 foot overhead service drop moving all over and there was not evidence of any acrcing at the lughs meter or other terminals that might have caused only L1 to drop off and not touch the other leg and a high side fault would have turned both legs off not just one. but before and after this event i have been watching the peak voltage and min voltage on both legs and have seen as high as 435 L1-N 477 L2-N whatever bit this morning at 2 am blew the fuses in both my fluke 117 meeters

speaking of lightning.. last year there was a nasty bolt that hit on the other side of the street from the house that cant have been more than 30 feet from a pole were an mv ufd for a side street ties in to the overhead distribution line the pig thats feeding this home is one pole to the right of the pole closest to the groundstrike

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
arion

arion

There was a member that posted on this forum a year or two ago about some power quality problems that were very dramatic and it was defiantly the power company's fault and if they would not fit he was going to climb the pole himself and fix it.

Was that you?

i think that was me because i visit this friend yearly around the same time in the year and yes this time i will be ordering some items and if the power company does not like me fixing it well they had a year to fix it themselves before it got this bad and yes i will go as far as billing them for the parts and sending this issue up the utility commissioners ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.