Anyone want to hear some good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark32

Just wanted to let my friends here know my wife and I had our first child on the 5th! I was planning on wowing the doc with my mad plier skills by cutting the cord but my wife ended up getting a c-section and I decided not to venture to the other side of the curtain.

Strife

Congratulation.
Now go back to work.
You got another mouth to feed:)

Just wanted to let my friends here know my wife and I had our first child on the 5th! I was planning on wowing the doc with my mad plier skills by cutting the cord but my wife ended up getting a c-section and I decided not to venture to the other side of the curtain.

Chamuit

Grumpy Old Man
Occupation
Electrician
Congratulations!! Biggest blessing you'll ever have. ('til the next one arrives.) Kids are cool.

Boy? Girl? 5 toes, 5 fingers, etc?

RICK NAPIER

Congartulations! Is it a boy or a girl? Now you will realize that once you have had a child the biggest change in your life will be the level of fear. You will worry and fret over that child for the rest of your life and it will all be worth it.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Good luck and enjoy it- it should be a wonderful time in your life.

2312.gif

marti smith

Congrats of the highest order- upon bringing life into the world, I saw safety in the workplace in a whole new light! Blessings to you!

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Way to go!!!

My daughter starts college this fall.

Here is some sage advice.

1) Your life has changed. Enjoy it.

2) Time has changed and will now fly by.

3) Savor every moment. (see #2)

4) When you are with your kid, be a kid. It's fun.

5) Be a part of your kid's education. That's fun, too.

6) Look at the world through your child's eyes.

7) Show off. Take pride in who you are and what you do and take advantage of every opportunity to show off your work and what you like about life.

Take particular note of #7. My kid knows I am proud to be an electrician. I have taken her to finished projects and showed her the parts I built. She knows I am proud to be an amateur radio operator and have taken her to events. She studied for and passed her FCC tech radio license at age 10 and passed her Morse Code exam at age 11.

That seems like yesterday.

I have taken her up in helicopters (starting at age 12) and she has participated with me in real search and rescue efforts. We ride bicycles together and she loves riding on the back of my Harley. Anytime I do something 'really cool' I invite her.

Besides the fact that I am a 'cool dad', she respects me and does what I ask without rebellion. Note I did not say without question. I have always encouraged her to ask me questions of any kind and she knows she can and I will do my best to answer her. She knows I will never belittle her. She knows I am proud of her. She knows I will be there for her, no matter what.

She turned out to be a great kid, never gets in trouble and is pulling straight A's, very active in band and does volunteer work every week at an animal shelter.

My technique worked for me, so I am passing my experience on to you. Not only did it work, it was a huge amount of fun.

iwire

Staff member
Great post Mark, very well put and let me say congrats to you for taking the time to raise your kid.

The time does fly, mine are 10 and 12 ........ they will be gone too soon.

GUNNING

To late for second thoughts!

To late for second thoughts!

hehehehe

I got 2 girls graduating HS next month and one 14 yr old boy in a mental. institution.

LOLOLOL

Good luck.... remember all those warm fuzzy feelings you are going to have now ... when they turn into teenagers and turn on you and the Mrs...

It is required to have a sense of humor by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.