Attic Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

czars

Czars
Occupation
Florida Certified Electrical Contractor
Does our industry have a source for determining attic temperatures so that the correction factors of 2005 NEC Table 310.16 can be properly applied.

iMuse97

Does our industry have a source for determining attic temperatures so that the correction factors of 2005 NEC Table 310.16 can be properly applied.

I'm a member of our industry and have been in many attics while the sun was beating on the roof.

Does that make me a source?

Anyway, my experience tells me that summer attic temps. approach 140deg.F. In Melbourne, FL you may likely want to increase that estimate under certain conditions.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
one time i measured attic temperature during August in San Jose California and it was 138F. As far as a source i don't know of any.
In my area I take the # from the site that Dennis mentioned and add 40F and make that my attic temperature.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
one time i measured attic temperature during August in San Jose California and it was 138F. As far as a source i don't know of any.
In my area I take the # from the site that Dennis mentioned and add 40F and make that my attic temperature.

This is the problem. The chart is for ambient temp but has does one know what that means. If the temp. gets 148F for 10 days of the year does that mean we must use 148F. Or is it the mean temp.? No one seems to know. If my attic is in the shade then someone cuts down a tree, then what?

Status
Not open for further replies.