Relocatable Power Tap

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwm1752

And a few items I have pointed out in this thread have little physical restraints - but are also undesirable to have by the owners in most instances

How about a situation where the only counter in the kitchen is an island? (Haven't seen one that I recall but is possible) We only need one receptacle for an island according to one section - yet another section says we need at least two SABC's supplying the counter receptacles.

I guess a single duplex supplied by a MWBC would still work for this application - GFCI protection likely needs to be a 2 pole breaker for that one.

20a duplex or just add the circuit to the dining, breakfast, pantry -- ect

Smart $

Esteemed Member
20a duplex or just add the circuit to the dining, breakfast, pantry -- ect
Not sure what you are saying there, but 210.52(B)(3) requires two SABC's to serve kitchen countertop surfaces... and must be implemented even where there is only one kitchen countertop receptacle outlet installed. Yes, those two circuits are permitted to serve other SABC areas.

kwired

Electron manager
Not sure what you are saying there, but 210.52(B)(3) requires two SABC's to serve kitchen countertop surfaces... and must be implemented even where there is only one kitchen countertop receptacle outlet installed. Yes, those two circuits are permitted to serve other SABC areas.
I believe he is pointing out that if the two SABC's are serving only a single duplex - it needs to be a 20 amp device.

Status
Not open for further replies.