Technical language. I'm spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unai

Hello, there!!

I'm from Spain, new on these issues, and I'm having some trouble in understanding your NEC document as I am not familiarized with your technical language. I'm starting a new project for your country and there are so many similiar definitions that I'm as stuck as Grover in a room made of velcro.

So, please, if you could help me with my biggest doubt, which will be a kid's question for you: Are these auxiliary gutters??

20jh1es.jpg

If affirmative, ?why doesn't the NEC differenciate between aired gutters and closed gutters?
If negative, ?what's the name for a gutter inside an enclosure?

Thanks a lot.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I speak English and I don't know.... :grin:

I an not sure if they should be called gutters as it is part of the manufactured equipment and would not fall under the nec rules on gutters. Not sure about that-- maybe someone else would know.

Last edited:

Unai

Thank you all!!

Inside a panel as pictured, they do not fall under the purview of the NEC (NFPA 70). The use may be covered under another NFPA standard, perhaps 79.

That will make things much easier for me. My client only wants me to meet the requirements of NEC.

Mucho gusto

Mucho gusto

Mucho gusto, Unai.

It looks like you got your answer on the "wire duct" but that is not why I replied to your post. I work for a controls systems integrator and we have an office in Mexico and I am constantly translating component, function and technical terms from English to Spanish as well as Portuguese and would like to assist you in the future if I could and I would also like to send you to a multi-lingual forum where there is a special section dedicated to technical terms. It is at http://forum.wordrefernce.com/index.php and can be very useful. Contact me via the PM feature if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.