Airfield Lighting vault

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am working on a project that requires a new Airfield Lighting vault and I am need to know the fire rating of the vault.

can somebody help me on this?

Thanks,

It will be used to house
(1) 2500A, 120/208V, 3 ph distribution section,
(18) 20KW, 208V constant current regulators,
(1) 150KVA, 208V-2400V PAPI lights, dry-type, step-up transformer
(2) 200A, 120/208V, 3ph panelboards
It will be 41' x 26' located adjacent to an existing 26' x 21' electrical room. the electrical room will house
(1) 3000A, 120/208V, 3ph service entrance section
(1) 2500A, 208V, 3ph ATS
(1) 500KW diesel generator

NEC art 110.31(A) requires 3 hr rating minimum for equipment over 600V. any comments?

I will read FAA requirements and standars too.

Thanks,

Cmdr_Suds

Are you the contractor or designer?
It is the building designers responsibility to determine the fire rating of the building and thus the construction methods and materials, not the contractor. They usually have very thick plans and specs with that information buried somewhere deep inside.
I have done several lighting vaults and it will depend primarily on the the intended occupancy but other factors may be involved.
Another note of caution if FAA money (AIP) is paying for it, be aware of the "buy American" clause. This will be applied to EVERYTHING used in construction of the building. You cant just assume that something is made in the US, you will have to document everything. Beware, some manufactures have equipment made in different countries.

The FAA has guides for the designer but the NEC still rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.