Optiona Calculation Method

Status
Not open for further replies.

deee

An apartment building has 12 dwelling units each with 1640 sq/ft of space plus the following equipment: 12kw range, 5kw water heater, 5kw dryer, 10.5kw of heat supplied from 5 pieces of baseboard heat. Using the optional calculation, what is the minimum size service entrance permitted for this building at 120/240 volts?

I have done this calculation which is from Snap Master Exams. I cant even get close to the answer given. I don't even understand why they are not using the demand factor for the General Loads in 220.82(B). They are not even using the demand factors for the heat in 220.82(C)(4) or (5). Can anyone tell me why?

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
220.82 applies to A dwelling unit. I think you would want to use 220.84 for multiple dwelling units.

What is the answer they give?

Last edited:

deee

220.82 applies to A dwelling unit. I think you would want to use 220.84 for multiple dwelling units.

What is the answer they give?
Well It makes sense now. I cant believe I was working this out per 220.82. All I can do is LOL. I need to back away for a while. The answer they give is 859 amps. Thanks a bunch for keeping me straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.