Work Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Some conduit work from a few months ago and a pic of my current project (new Marriot hotel in downtown Salt Lake City- just getting started).

that.... is just awesome pipe work. thank you.

spent today lacing up a 1,200 amp panel... twelve 4" and three 2" conduits in the bottom.
had to remove the guts to pull it all, and then had to lace it up before putting the guts back in,
'cause it wasn't going to be any fun to do it afterwards.... the strut is aluminum so there isn't
any induction heating, and the straps are for 7/8" pipe, and have a insulator so there is no
metal to insulation contact. have used them on the past in underground vaults, and this seemed
to be a good solution as i am trying to pack a marshmallow into a piggy bank. i put the guts
back in the morning, and try to make it all up. we'll see how that goes...... before i remove the
buss, i transferred all the lug locations to a strip of duct tape on the side of the gear, so i could
pre bend everything to come out where i wanted it to... i'll pull the top off the gear in the morning,
and set it back in place. with a bit of luck, i'll be hot tomorrow evening....

ritelec

That does look pretty cool, and seems to control the wiring.

I've never seen it done... v-bar strapping wire?

I'm not much on the "It's got to be listed for" arguments, but, are v-bar straps and kidorff rated as wire supports?

Does look good though :)

As a side note, I find it alittle strange seeing all those conductors strapped to all that metal, I personally try to keep it away from it..

Fulthrotl

That does look pretty cool, and seems to control the wiring.

I've never seen it done... v-bar strapping wire?

I'm not much on the "It's got to be listed for" arguments, but, are v-bar straps and kidorff rated as wire supports?

As a side note, I find it alittle strange seeing all those conductors strapped to all that metal, I personally try to keep it away from it..

the unistrut is aluminum... the fitting is a hydra zorb
http://www.hydra-zorb.com/cushion-clamps.htm

there is no conductor insulation to metal contact anywhere in the gear.

i have four 4" conduits for future expansion, and i wanted a way to keep the conductors i pulled away from the pull path
for those conduits... you can pull the top off the gear, put a sheave directly over the gear with a crane or forklift,
and feed straight down into those conduits.

i happened one day being in the pipe supply place i use, and saw some of these sitting out on the
counter, and went hmmmm.... i've used them in a number of places like this, and never a peep has
been heard from the AHJ... they have nylock nuts, so they aren't coming loose in the gear, and the
grommet meggers above 2.2 Gohm @ 1000 vdc, and nothings blown up yet... :sick:

but you are right, it's unconventional... i've seen people put 7/8" steel strut across the back of
gear, reversed, and use it as a lashing point for ty raps.....

ritelec

the unistrut is aluminum... the fitting is a hydra zorb
http://www.hydra-zorb.com/cushion-clamps.htm

there is no conductor insulation to metal contact anywhere in the gear.

i have four 4" conduits for future expansion, and i wanted a way to keep the conductors i pulled away from the pull path
for those conduits... you can pull the top off the gear, put a sheave directly over the gear with a crane or forklift,
and feed straight down into those conduits.

i happened one day being in the pipe supply place i use, and saw some of these sitting out on the
counter, and went hmmmm.... i've used them in a number of places like this, and never a peep has
been heard from the AHJ... they have nylock nuts, so they aren't coming loose in the gear, and the
grommet meggers above 2.2 Gohm @ 1000 vdc, and nothings blown up yet... :sick:

but you are right, it's unconventional... i've seen people put 7/8" steel strut across the back of
gear, reversed, and use it as a lashing point for ty raps.....

Thank you for the link and explanation.

Wondering as far as skin effect is concerned. You are wrapping individual conductors with metal (little raceways)?

Are they small enough for heat dissipation? I know the code references notching, but there is no air to air between conductors ?? I don't know, not an engineer.

It looks great, but I would probably stick with "plastic","listed"supports.

Fulthrotl

Thank you for the link and explanation.

Wondering as far as skin effect is concerned. You are wrapping individual conductors with metal (little raceways)?

Are they small enough for heat dissipation? I know the code references notching, but there is no air to air between conductors ?? I don't know, not an engineer.

It looks great, but I would probably stick with "plastic","listed"supports.

the aluminum strut is non ferrous, so induction isn't going to be an issue...

and when i stopped to think about it before i used it the first time, i was thinking
the strap would make a choke around the conductor, but that would be if the
conductors had individual coils of ferrous metal around them, but they aren't
individual.... the common connection is the strut, and so a common piece of
material is encircling all the conductors, just like a metallic raceway is a common
piece of metal encircling all the conductors.

if the individual conductors were encircled by individual loops of metal, ferrous or
non ferrous, i'd be concerned, but they are all on a common backplane, so i'm not
gonna sweat it too much... i've got inspection first thing in the morning, so we'll
see how he feels about it.....

BMOORE

Cable tray, lighting

Cable tray, lighting

Just a little cable tray design work, along with the LED lighting design that went along with it... I cant take credit for the installation, but the design and layout are all mine haha

IMAG0891.jpg IMAG0825.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0890.jpg
    IMAG0890.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1

BMOORE

Far left.... LED Security lighting on a 120 year old boiler house. I had to design the bracket attaching the fixtures to the parapet wall..

Middle..... Cable tray runs in side of a new electric room

Far right.... Cable tray system along with the LED lighting system

I cannot take credit for the installation of these, I do however own the design of it all and my guys in the field do a great job..

IMAG0861.jpg IMAG0825.jpg IMAG0888.jpg

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
CAM00459.jpg CAM00454.jpg IMG_20111201_125252.jpg
a whole bunch of dc discos and the biggest gutter ive ever installed! (about 20') the small stick seems goofy but its offsetting to miss beams and feeder pipes...

Status
Not open for further replies.