Non metallic flexible conduit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The NEC is not dealing with what available ENT actually IS. They are giving the minimum specs it has to meet, and that is the pliable part.
If a manufacturer provided ENT that was only pliable, I doubt anybody would buy it over the competition.
In my opinion ENT is only pliable.

norcal

In my opinion ENT is only pliable.

Years ago at a apartment complex in Houston, TX they used ENT to connect the A/C condensing units, never saw that before or since. :( Correct me if am wrong, but believe that unincorporated Harris County has/had no inspections.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
You said smurf tube is under 356 as liquidtight flexible non metallic tubing. 356.6 states that LFNC will be listed as liquidtight. Smurf tube is not listed as liquid tight.
I never said Article 356 covered smurf tube. Smurf tube is ENT and covered by Article 362.

electricalist

I thought lfnc was the liquid tight, but with out the metal inside. See a lot on track houses for ac units and from the out side I guess inspectors don't realize or it doesn't matter. Ent snuff tube we put in slabs for floor plugs not intended for other uses. I ran some for an atm pad and into the little dog house up yo the panel . I had to cut it off down at the concrete and change over to anything but ent to satisfy the ahj

Status
Not open for further replies.