New CREE bulb design

Status
Not open for further replies.

gar

Occupation
EE
151026-1408 EDT

CREE has a new bulb called 4FLOW. In soft white a 60 W replacement it is rated at 11 W.

The entire bulb is close to the shape of a standard incandescent.

What is new?. Most obvious is slits in the bulb to allow air flow to the LED(s). This is probably a much better thermal design.

I have not run any tests.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Go Here for a FREE white paper on LED dimming: http://www.nema.org/Technical/Pages/NEMA-Lighting-Systems-Division-White-Papers.aspx

Scroll down to the NEMA LSD 49.

NEMA LSD 49—Solid State Lighting for Incandescent Replacement—Best Practices for Dimming
Provides recommendations for the dimming and design of screw-based incandescent replacement solid state lighting products.
It is free to download, but you do have to create a login account (also free) first. I have not gotten any spam or other annoyances as a result.

bphgravity

And you only have to do that once. From this point on, you can download any free standard, engineering bulletin, or white paper directly.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
I saw the 'bulbs' off LED Edison base lamps and put a dab of rtv on the exposed 40Vdc terminals.

At 4ft off floor and bulb on 12 ft ceiling and 30 deg offset with cosine angle in measurement, get 12% higher measured lumens by removing 'bulb'.

Status
Not open for further replies.