Warrantys

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonburgFarmer

Ok...How do you guys handle your warrantys? I have a one year from completion warranty now. I am wondering if anyone disclaims responsibility for materials, GFI, switches, ect....I know that is part of the game, but some damages are caused by things that have nothing to do with my installations.....so, what do you guys do???:-? If the customer doesent pay on time:mad: do you void the warranty?? :D looking to expand on my warranty statements....havent had any trouble w/ customers yet....but i know it will happen. Trying to plan ahead:D :D

480sparky

If the bill isn't paid, there's no warranty. Certain items are excluded... bulbs, customer-supplied items, etc. Warranty begins the day I get my final inspection.

Buck Parrish

I have no warranty statement on my contracts. I never get asked.
I handle any call backs individually. And with in reason. I ussually don't have hardly any call backs.
Don't supply the lights, fans or smoke detectors. If you do supply lights mark them up to cover any call backs.
If the fan wobbles. Some fans wobble a little. Tell them the balancing kit that all fans come with is in the kitchen drawer. I've already tried and checked it and it is a fan defect. Say I'll be glad to replace it if you go get an other one, I'll put it up for $125.00.
They ussually live with it. With in reason of course. I am not going to leave a real bad wobble.
After you have been called back on one thing you learn not to do it that way again. That's why I don't back stab my outlets or switches. I know that's been a debate here on the forum.
Sometimes I will put the hall outlets on it's own circuit. Some of these vacumes they use now a days are 10 -12 amps. If it's a custom home find out where they might use an iorning board. You learn what will last and what won't.
Some times if you go back. You may fix some thing small. but then they will want some recessed lights added. Or decided to finish the bonous room. That makes for extra $$ and you stay in good with them.
Call backs are not a problem if all your work is near each other.
It's them far off ones that can be a PITA.

JacksonburgFarmer

I havent really had any trouble w/ call backs, but have heard some horror stories lately (here and other places) and I know that my contract warranty section is pretty vague....so trying to put out fires before they catch....:D

Buck Parrish

Have a contract Attorney draw one for you. Then your covered. Me , I try to do every thing I know the Electrical State Board would require me to do. One of the local guys installed an outlet for a sump pump under a house 2.5 years later he got a call from the Home Owner. He said it was not working. The EC told him his warranty is only a year. The HO called the State Board . They required him to go back and fix it for free.

SEO

I warrant all parts that we supply for 1 year under normal use. We also honor the manufactures warranty on parts that we supply and would extend that time to customer as well. Some equipment has a long warranty period.

Status
Not open for further replies.