LED vs Metal halide energy savings calculator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Npstewart

Hi everyone. Im looking for a professional way to illustrate the cost savings of changing 24 hour lighting from Metal halide to LED. Anyone run into any easy to use calculators? Typically I would use excel but im looking for something a little more professional.

Thanks!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Hi everyone. Im looking for a professional way to illustrate the cost savings of changing 24 hour lighting from Metal halide to LED. Anyone run into any easy to use calculators? Typically I would use excel but im looking for something a little more professional.

Thanks!

I was not aware there was a cost savings. My understanding is that the up front cost dwarfs the energy savings. Unless it is highly subsidized it seems kind of dubious at present, especially given the lack of actual information available on how long these things will hold up.

TNBaer

It depends on quite a bit. LED isn't standardized so one fixture from one manufacturer uses a different amount of juice from another.

Do you have an LED manufacturer in mind?

(For the record, I don't recommend going this way unless your customer really, really insists on it.)

If you need some help or advice on this sort of thing you can always shoot me a PM. Not a solicitation, just an offer to help.

-Tim

It's variable to illustrate the cost of different lamps, the result depends on lifespan of the lamp, lumenous efficacy,working hours per day and electricity prices, light decay curves etc. Before finalized most of these variatis, there is no softwear or other ways to work it out.

And to replace Metal Halide, both LED and induction lamp can do job well. LED is better for low wattage and Induction lamp is better for high wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.