Tray Cable in a Residence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
In 2004 there was a forum question on this and rbalex and Roger stated not compliant but it should be.

I am reading the 2011 and it seems that cable tray is allowed in a residence. Am I correct-- art.392. I don't see anywhere where it states it must be in a tray

392.10 Uses Permitted. Cable tray shall be permitted to be used as a support system for service conductors, feeders,branch circuits, communications circuits, control circuits, and signaling circuits. Cable tray installations shall not be limited to industrial establishments. Where exposed to direct rays of the sun, insulated conductors and jacketed cables shall be identified as being sunlight resistant. Cable trays and their associated fittings shall be identified for the intended use.

392.12 Uses Not Permitted. Cable tray systems shall not be used in hoistways or where subject to severe physical damage.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
In 2004 there was a forum question on this and rbalex and Roger stated not compliant but it should be.

I am reading the 2011 and it seems that cable tray is allowed in a residence. Am I correct-- art.392. I don't see anywhere where it states it must be in a tray

Dennis, by chance are you talking about this thread which was talking about "Tray Cable"?

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.