Tennant says breaker trips when phone rings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultramegabob

electricalperson said:
the phone was located in a room which the person had to turn on a light to enter. the light had a short circuit and it happened to be on the same circuit as the phone. thats my guess

oooooooohhhhhh, you are sooooooo close!!!!

ultramegabob

As I was walking back into the room, I watched the tenant get up, when they did the couch leaned back against the wall with a thump, and the breaker tripped, there was a switch on to a closet light with a burned out bulb, the switch was loose enough to jiggle against the metal box when they bumped the wall with the couch as they jumped up to answer the phone....:grin:

electricalperson

ultramegabob said:
As I was walking back into the room, I watched the tenant get up, when they did the couch leaned back against the wall with a thump, and the breaker tripped, there was a switch on to a closet light with a burned out bulb, the switch was loose enough to jiggle against the metal box when they bumped the wall with the couch as they jumped up to answer the phone....:grin:
i bet they were happy when you fixed that

ultramegabob

stickboy1375 said:
The couch actually moved when they got up? Holy huge batman. :grin:

I think the couches frame was loose and wobbly, and Im guessing they are the type of people that like to race the phone to answer it before the second ring:grin:

stickboy1375

ultramegabob said:
I think the couches frame was loose and wobbly, and Im guessing they are the type of people that like to race the phone to answer it before the second ring:grin:

Did you sell them a cordless to fix the problem? :grin:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
ultramegabob said:
Dang! I was about to post that this was my guess!

You do believe that, don't you? :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.