Petco

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_axelson

Anyone ever do a Petco? Looking at a 14,000 sq ft one and wondering if anyone has a history on the labor required.

Thanks.

ceb58

john_axelson said:
Anyone ever do a Petco? Looking at a 14,000 sq ft one and wondering if anyone has a history on the labor required.

Thanks.

You will work like a MULE. And fight with the GC like CATS and DOGS:D

john_axelson

Seriously, Tho'

Seriously, Tho'

I am coming up with around 1500 hours. this includes rough-in for V/D cabling, RI for security and fire Alarm and Temperature Control Cabling and conduit on top of the service, lighting, branch circuitry, mechanical, etc. Nothing outside of store, except 800Amp feeder (which the spec requires to be concrete encased (not common here)) and (2) 4" conduits to the property line.

I appreciate the animal humor, but has anyone done one of these? How closely are they looking at he spec's? Requires rigid conduit for rough-in in exposed areas.

jmsbrush

john_axelson said:
I am coming up with around 1500 hours. this includes rough-in for V/D cabling, RI for security and fire Alarm and Temperature Control Cabling and conduit on top of the service, lighting, branch circuitry, mechanical, etc. Nothing outside of store, except 800Amp feeder (which the spec requires to be concrete encased (not common here)) and (2) 4" conduits to the property line.

I appreciate the animal humor, but has anyone done one of these? How closely are they looking at he spec's? Requires rigid conduit for rough-in in exposed areas.
How many parking lot lights? A room this size I'm guessing you will have 75 to 100 2x4 fixtures? I have similar bids out on building this size all ranging from 1700 to 2400 man hours

john_axelson

jmsbrush said:
How many parking lot lights? A room this size I'm guessing you will have 75 to 100 2x4 fixtures? I have similar bids out on building this size all ranging from 1700 to 2400 man hours

No Parking lot lights-only interior work, interior lighting is maily done with 8' industrial strips, end to end (96) 8' strips total, plus lighting with 2x4's in office, grooming and other areas. Brand new building, addition to existing structure.

g@friendly

read your print carefully. The bird section has special requirement for a/c and heat as well as the dog grooming area. The fish tank special grounding. And the reptial heat lamps. They should have these crazy hot water tanks and dishwasher for the food bowls. So just be careful read all the notes and make sure you have a complete set of prints look in the plumbing and hvac section there will be spec there. Check the lights also I noticed t5 fixture instead of high bay. Don't horse around on this one:grin:

Did this one have a vet clinic and grooming area? They were super anal about outlet placement. Less than 1" variance and they would freak. I hated that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.