Interesting set of prints at a doc's office

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I've got a set of prints to bid a doctor's office, only this one has no exam rooms. Only a waiting room, reception area, and a few "offices". I asked the contractor where the exam rooms were and was told that after they first put it out for bid, they decided to no longer call it a doctors office once they saw the electrical costs. The prints I have are stamped and approved by the AHJ. Way to go mr. plans examiner.

iwire

Staff member
brantmacga said:
I've got a set of prints to bid a doctor's office, only this one has no exam rooms. Only a waiting room, reception area, and a few "offices". I asked the contractor where the exam rooms were and was told that after they first put it out for bid, they decided to no longer call it a doctors office once they saw the electrical costs. The prints I have are stamped and approved by the AHJ. Way to go mr. plans examiner.

You never know, maybe the building department will have a surprise for the doctor if he starts doing exams after the job is complete. :grin:

celtic

That might have bigger problems than the building dept.,.....maybe it's a 'script factory :D

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
a couple of other details that i thought were funny:

I asked them about the one office that was an actual office; there was no floor receptacle indicated and i asked if there would be a desk in the middle of the floor. i was told "yes", there would be a desk there, but because a floor receptacle would cost more money, they'll have to run cords across the floor.

i then asked about the phone system; how many lines, voice mail, etc. . .
answer: one line with call waiting.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Sounds like a doctor to avoid...
"lets just re-use the needles" less cost:grin:
maybe its an HMO thing:)

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Jim W in Tampa said:
Something is wrong here.You might want to see money up front.

i would agree. i most likely won't get the work though. this guy is just shopping prices.

I keep remembering other gems as this thread goes along.

i asked the guy about lighting for the parking lot. He said the neighbors lights were pretty bright, so he didn't think that lighting for his own site would be necessary. i can't make this stuff up. :roll:

mdshunk

Could be a psychiatrist, addiction therapy doc, physical therapy doc, or something like that. There are a few kinds of doctors who don't really use exam rooms. Just consultation rooms.

Last edited:

mpd

you might want to talk to somebody at the building inspection office, before this job gets started, or talk to the architect who designed it or maybe both

mpd

mdshunk said:
Could be a psychiatrist or something like that. There are a few kinds of doctors who don't really use exam rooms. Just consultation rooms.

marc brings up a good point, what type of doctor is he, i had a similar situation the doctors office had no exam rooms only consultation rooms his exam rooms were in another building

mdshunk

mpd said:
marc brings up a good point, what type of doctor is he, i had a similar situation the doctors office had no exam rooms only consultation rooms his exam rooms were in another building
A lot of surgeons and heart doctors are like that. They just talk to people, listen to your heart, and write scripts at their office, and do the medical type stuff at the hospital.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
mdshunk said:
A lot of surgeons and heart doctors are like that. They just talk to people, listen to your heart, and write scripts at their office, and do the medical type stuff at the hospital.

Or maybe he is a cheap SOB who will be willing to pay in trade with prostate exams, but don't expect a glove or any other over priced things, like lube.
Or maybe he is an eye doctor for blind people , that is why no lights in the parking lot.

e57

acrwc10 said:
Or maybe he is a cheap SOB who will be willing to pay in trade with prostate exams, but don't expect a glove or any other over priced things, like lube.
Did work for a Dentist - it was kinda like that.... Anestigia, yeah whatever....

Hendrix

mdshunk said:
Could be a psychiatrist, addiction therapy doc, physical therapy doc, or something like that. There are a few kinds of doctors who don't really use exam rooms. Just consultation rooms.
Or, it could be Dr. Jeckell :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.