Buyer Beware... E-bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4T

I just received a MAXIS 3000 wire puller I bought on E-BAY for $1825.00 complete with Super Hawg drill motor. I have a total of 3 parts.. counting the motor. It is missing all the brackets and flanges that hook onto the male adapter inside the panel. Now I have to go through the process of returning the wire puller to the seller. Live and learn... next time I am buying new.

celtic

I wouldn't say "Buyer Beware... E-bay" ...eBay had very little to do with this item you purchased.
"Buyer Beware...Whomever the seller is" is more accurate.
Everything I buy from eBay is assumed "Caveat emptor"....inspite of whatever rating the seller may have, but - "in general" - you have better results with sellers in the 90%+ neighborhood and are not newbies.

Myself...I'm at 100%...with close to 1000 transactions
stars-8.gif
. :smile:

What was the sellers rating?

480sparky

Instead of returning it, I would contact the seller first and ask that all the parts be shipped. At least give him a chance to make it right.

Unless.... the box it shipped in was damaged. Maybe the parts fell out?

Either way, I'd try to get the parts from the seller first. If they were neber shipped, then find out how much the parts would cost to buy and ask him to reimburse you at least that much.

Me? I'm at 551.... long way to go to my purple star.:mad: But at least I'm still 100% :)

B4T

how it was worded..

how it was worded..

MAXIS

PULL-IT 3000X

Electrical Cable Pulling System

Complete With Milwaukee "SUPER HAWG 2 Speed " Power Supply !!!

USED TWICE , LIKE NEW !!!

VERY NICE, GREAT DEAL !!!

The bag was shrink- wrapped, so nothing fell out. The seller has 108 sales an no bad marks.

mdshunk

It's possible they were packed in 2 boxes, since there is a weight limit per parcel. The second box may be a day or two behind, stuck in "the system". Many eBay sellers are women, at home with small children, selling things for their husbands too. It's possible that if a non-tradesman packed the parcel, they didnt' realize something was missing.

mdshunk

BLACK4TRUCK said:
Marc.. you are correct.. I just checked the box.. says.. "Pkg 2 of 2"
Grainger and HD Supply both do that to me all the time. I'll place one order, but might get 3 to 5 small boxes. They ship from warehouses all over. Sometimes the UPS man is in twice in the same day dropping off more boxes from the same vendor.

DAWGS

I think Ebay is great. I have bought many of my large tools and equipment from ebay. One of my last purchases was a 881Ct, 14 grand new, and I won auction for 7500.:)

TwinCitySparky

I have sold/bought on ebay since it's first year of operation. I'm still at 100%

Just follow one simple rule. I only buy from people who have no less than a 99.8 percent feedback rating. Anyone who shows this trackrecord will do just about anything to rectify a problematic sale, i.e. forgotten part etc. and keep the buyer happy everytime.

tkb

I too have bought many items off of Efence, but I am very careful who I buy from. Only after I look at the negative feedback.

brian john

tkb said:
I too have bought many items off of Efence, .

Now that's funny.

I have visited a few pawn shops over the years but never bought anything. I look at the tools with company paint colors and want no part of them.

480sparky

brian john said:
Now that's funny.

I have visited a few pawn shops over the years but never bought anything. I look at the tools with company paint colors and want no part of them.

Just about every pawn shop I go into wants the same price as buying a new one with factory warranty. You may be able to haggle them down 10 bucks, but it just isn't worth it. Especially for stuff that has all the goody taken out of them and are on their last leg....

B4T

Update.. looking for a refund

Update.. looking for a refund

Seller sent MAXIS in 2 boxes... second box never came. Sale closed 9/26.. and he was paid through PAYPAL. The job I wanted it for needs to be done tomorrow, so I am renting one in the morning. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.. I will paying for shipping to return. That makes almost $200.00 to learn a lesson.. I got off cheap :D

Status
Not open for further replies.