Actuator motor from Multiproducts Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buck Parrish

Has any body wired one of these? If so how do you wire it?
It is a vrs1260 vent Acuator motor 120/240 that is suppose to open and close air vent luovers in green houses.
It has a black, white, brown, red and green wire coming out of a half in. opening.
It is stamped UL14V3695.
I can get it to move but not stop. It's almost as if I have the wrong one or something, It keeps turning as if it were a hotdog machine turner. We have a 120 v thermostat to operate the fan motor. The customer wants the vents to open when the fan comes on then close as it turns off.
I would have thought it had relays or something in the motor controll. The motors did not come with electical diagrams.
It is made by Multiproducts Inc.
Thanks in advance.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I agree, spring return most likely.

The other wires are usually a common, N/O and N/C to a small switch, but your wire count doesn't add up unless they are using power to the motor as a common to the switch as well.

We would normally power the actuator motor open with the thermostat. The switch would start the fan after the vent is open.

Buck Parrish

Thanks, you were all right. The black and white (hooked to line black) are twisted together and the red and brown go together (and are hooked to line white) for 120 v operation. Then it jams against the block and just stays their until power is cut then the spring brings it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.