Wire pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEO

I get quotes from my supply houses. I get current wire prices off their web sites thru my account. For that quanity I would have my salesman quote prices.

JOHNEO99

SEO said:
I get quotes from my supply houses. I get current wire prices off their web sites thru my account. For that quanity I would have my salesman quote prices.

Thanks

I was wondering if there is a public sight with current market pricing.

celtic

scwirenut said:
Is this "current"?

Date: June 20, 2008
This is the bane with ALL estimating programs and services ~ current material price.

IMHO, the only accurate barometer is a call to the seller.
For coming up with with a quick number - I'd add a percentage on top to allow for delays in what is actually "current".

EDIT:
From the link above:
#350 AL THHN $4,434.08/KLF

*Aluminum THHN requires a minimum order of 20,000 ft. per size.

Last edited:

SEO

I'm not going to give my prices but with what has been posted my supply houses are treating me very good. Still say have supply house quote!:smile:

jdsmith

I have a spreadsheet from Southwire that calculates budgetary prices based on the current copper price per pound. Using $2.18 a pound, 2000 ft of 350 MCM copper XHHW is $11,896. This is a budgetary number, so your supply house should be able to beat it if you actually have them quote it.

Besoeker

JOHNEO99 said:
Hi Guys

Im doing a bid ans need to price out about 2000' 350 mcm. Is there a website that has current market rates for wire?

Thanks
I'm with the others here. Get several quotes for it. And check the validity of the quote.
With the current volatility of the market, I have had some suppliers give a validity of just seven days.
Maybe you need a caveat in your bid to allow for contract price adjustment for meterial price based on the LME or equivalent.

satcom

Besoeker said:
I'm with the others here. Get several quotes for it. And check the validity of the quote.
With the current volatility of the market, I have had some suppliers give a validity of just seven days.
Maybe you need a caveat in your bid to allow for contract price adjustment for meterial price based on the LME or equivalent.

Not maybe, he needs the adjustment terms, spelled out in the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.