Quickbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have the 2010 version of quickbooks which I bought because of the email feature. I got a notice saying that feature will be gone as of May 31, 2013 unless I upgrade.

The audacity of intuit. There has got to be something illegal about that.

wolfman56

I don't think you need that service to email from QB.

I use QuickBooks 2011.

I use the email feature every day. However it just inputs the invoice, etc. into my MS Outlook as a PDF attachment, and I send it from there. I like that because the recipient can reply, and it will go to my Outlook. What I'm getting at is I don't think you need to go through Intuit to email out of QuickBooks.

Also did you know that Paypal has a plug in that goes into your button bar on QuickBooks? You can use it to generate an invoice to email that has a Paypal "pay now" button right on the email!

RW

GUNNING

I think it has something to do with a cylindrical rod incised with one or more helical or advancing spiral threads. Quickbooks has my data type inscribed with their payroll option which I don't use nor am I subscribed to. The program will reset itself randomly and I will have to re-install it. It makes for interesting and adrenalin filled mornings. The only part I enjoy is finding ways to tell intuit just how enjoyable I find that part of my life. I use little descriptive words when they want me to fill in the "why are you uninstalling QB and how are we doing?" page comes up. Only release I get.

Yes I do think the Email bait and switch is not a good practice. I think they should give you other options. Same with the payroll option. It is there business model.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
Using some of Quickbooks tools is convenient but they periodically retire old versions and no longer support some of the tools, this is to make customers purchase newer software. Sometimes it is worth the new software. I am still using QB2007, never used the email feature because of having it dropped in the past, just have documents sent to a PDF printer driver and send customers a PDF copy that way. I probably should upgrade though as there may be newer features that I might desire. If Quickbooks had their way we would all upgrade every year though.

chris1971

I have the 2010 version of quickbooks which I bought because of the email feature. I got a notice saying that feature will be gone as of May 31, 2013 unless I upgrade.

The audacity of intuit. There has got to be something illegal about that.

I've had that happen before. They do that to make you upgrade. Sometimes it's worth it to upgrade although I hate being told to do something.

MJW

Sometimes (actually most of the time) I really hate Quickbooks. If someone would come out with a decent alternative I would switch in an instant. I have also sent them several creative messages suggesting that they make a functional program instead of trying to squeeze every last dime out of me. I think Quickbooks also shuts down your payroll updates after 3 years.

Mesh

Quickbooks is an absolute HUGE program that can do so much stuff that most people would never need.

I only use it for the accounting of my 1 man EC business. I wish there was something smaller and lighter, but those few things I need are best done with Quickbooks.

My favorite feature is being able to download every transaction directly from the bank and credit card company. That's one of those features that will turn itself off after 3 years to make me upgrade :lol:

Rewire

We dropped QB this January as we began using succssessware 21 . This is software designed for service businessess like ours . We get it free with our ESI membership . It does everything but payrole which we outsource anyway. We did our first quarter financials and it breaks everything down by % of gross which is how we track.

Status
Not open for further replies.