Hey guys what do you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

I think someone put an addition on the building.

wireways said:
Owner want's a letter for the insurance company (40 year recertification)

What does the owner want the letter to say? And whats a 40 year recertification?

480sparky said:
I think someone put an addition on the building.

What does the owner want the letter to say? And whats a 40 year recertification?
Hey 480sparky The letter is for the insurance company and they want it from a certified electrical contractor to state that everything electrical is up to code.
In dade county florida when a property is older than 40 year's is required to go throught recertification process.

480sparky

wireways said:
.....In dade county florida when a property is older than 40 year's is required to go throught recertification process.

So what do you certify? That the wiring is at least 40 years old? That is was wiring to code when it was wired? That all changes and additions since the original installation were done correctly (for the time period they were installed)?

Under Section 8-11(f) of the Building Code, the owner of a building which has been in existence for forty (40) years or
longer is required to have the building inspected for the purpose of determining the general structural condition of the
building and the general condition of its electrical systems. In accordance with Section 8-11(f), you must submit a written
Recertification Report to the Building Official, prepared by a Florida registered professional engineer or architect*,
certifying each building or structure is structurally and electrically safe for the specified use for continued occupancy.

Guidelines for Building Recertification to be utilized by your architect or engineer.
You are required to submit the completed Recertification Report within ninety (90) days from the date of this notice.
Please mail the report with the required fee of Three Hundred Seventy Five Dollars and No Cents $375.00), in a check made
payable to Miami-Dade County, to:
Miami-Dade County Building Official
Miami-Dade County Building Department
Attention: Billing & Collection Unit Supervisor
Miami-Dade County Permitting & Inspection Center
11805 S.W. 26th Street, Room 149
Miami, Florida

Basically what we write on the report is the property was up to code on the year and code cycle built, but as you can see on the picture this owner is not getting the letter

Last edited:

Aledrell

I see you found some of my work :)

I see you found some of my work :)

Just Kidding, whoever came along and built the aluminum patio should be shot. I can't believe the utility on maintance checks let that fly, good luck breaking the bad news.

benaround

ptonsparky said:
Because a "fee" is easier to implement than a "tax".

OK, joking aside, the county makes you hire an engineer or architech that

you pay to certify your building is up to the countys' specs. , You have 90

days to get this done. Then the county wants $375.00 for what?? I don't

get it.

benaround said:
OK, joking aside, the county makes you hire an engineer or architech that

you pay to certify your building is up to the countys' specs. , You have 90

days to get this done. Then the county wants $375.00 for what?? I don't

get it.

& frank dont forget that beside the county fee's we has electrical contractor charge any where from $250.00 to $750.00 for the inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.