What do you look like . . . again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
peter d said:
Nope, just vacationing - escaping the frigid New England winter and visiting Joshua Tree National Park. :)

29 Palms is one of the few places in the US where you can hear and feel the ground rumble from live artillery fire coming from the Marine Corps base. :cool:

i have a friend that lives just a few hundred yards from an air force target & bombing range. watching a-10's swoop in on a strafing run is an awesome sight! i've been out on the farm before and the a-10's will come in just over the treetops; you never hear them coming and it can be quite startling.

we used to have f-4 phantoms here when i was just a kid, and then not so long ago w/ had an f-16 wing. they would practice dogfighting above our farm. they would also routinely break the sound-barrier over our house, which is cool to watch, but can cause damage to your house; and eardrums.

raider1

Staff member
Here is a picture of me playing guitar at the last IAEI conference. After the awards banquet me and another of the instructors got up and played with the band.

p1000726ut9.jpg

Chris

raider1

Staff member
iwire said:
After how many beers?

Did he do Iron Maiden tunes?:D

Oh, we had a few.:D

No, we were jamming to war pigs, by Black Sabbath.

I wanted to play some Slayer or Pantera, but the amp that I was playing through didn't have enough gain to really play metal.:)

Chris

iwire

Staff member
raider1 said:
I wanted to play some Slayer or Pantera, but the amp that I was playing through didn't have enough gain to really play metal.:)

Chris

I once sat down for ice cream and cake with Pantera along with many other 'workers', I was the house electrician for one of their shows. They where trying to celebrate one of the band members birthdays and I really think they wanted more company then the normal group of back stage hangers on.

peter d

iwire said:
I once sat down for ice cream and cake with Pantera along with many other 'workers', I was the house electrician for one of their shows. They where trying to celebrate one of the band members birthdays and I really think they wanted more company then the normal group of back stage hangers on.

You always have a story to tell about Rocky Point. :)

iwire

Staff member
peter d said:
You always have a story to tell about Rocky Point. :)

Can't help it, it was a ball most of the time.:cool:

mdshunk said:
Somehow, ice cream, cake, and Pantera seem contradictory.

It was odd, they where pretty quiet guys at least well I was in the room.

The show itself was nuts.

raider1

Staff member
iwire said:

Wow, that would have been killer!

I would have loved to sit down and talk guitar with Darrell (Dimebag) Abbott.

He was one of my inspirations for getting into guitar, awesome guitarist, R.I.P.

Chris

raider1

Staff member
iwire said:
Can't help it, it was a ball most of the time.:cool:

It was odd, they where pretty quiet guys at least well I was in the room.

The show itself was nuts.

When I was younger, I moved to L.A. with my band and work part time as a guitar tech and roadie for some of the L.A. clubs.

I roadied for The Black Crows one night at the Roxy Theater. They were really cool guys.

Chris

iwire

Staff member
zog said:
Never in a million years would I have guessed to hear those 11 words from you Bob, heck, from anyone.

To be clear, it was not just me and the band, it was the band and probably 15 to 20 of us sitting in the catering area before the band hit the stage.:smile:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Here I am hiking the Appalachan Trail a few weeks again. We ran into these Watusi Cattle on the top of Big Hump Mountain along the NC/Tenn border.

http://forums.mikeholt.com/yes, I w...e quadraplex in free air on an exterior wall.
ry%3D400

This is me being bold and stupid on the trip back. I framed the picture and hung it on my wall to remind me of my stupidity.

ry%3D400

Okay, I lied again the second picture is me but it is photoshopped. That doesn't mean you have to delete it-- it is still me.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Dennis Alwon said:
ry%3D400

Okay, I lied again the second picture is me but it is photo shopped. That doesn't mean you have to delete it-- it is still me.

Yeah, we couldn't tell that it was photo shopped.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.