Knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

I love this forum as a way to study and keep up to date with the electrical industry.

I?m curious of other ways to get knowledge? We are fortunate to live in a time where so much is at our fingertips. What would others recommend?
Certifications, meetings, groups, books, textbooks, reference materials, topics to google or research?

I realize that this question possible has a broad answer but opinions are appreciated

I am planning on joining the IAEI. I would like to obtain an Electrical certification from ICC and possibly IAEI. Thank you for your time and effort.

JJ

mdshunk

For me, old books. It's helpful when doing service calls to understand how and why things were done a certain way in that past. Also, long lost tips and tricks. Yes, indeed; old books.

electricmanscott

I want to surround myself with electrical professionals. Hearing electrical discussions and such would be interesting. I figure being around top notch and knowledgeable electricians can only be beneficial to my quest.

JJ

Not a bad idea. Thats assuming the local IAEI'ers are top notch and knowledgeable. :wink:

I want to surround myself with electrical professionals. Hearing electrical discussions and such would be interesting. I figure being around top notch and knowledgeable electricians can only be beneficial to my quest.

JJ

A positive attitude is extremely important. Joining an industry specific organization is very important. Contributing is very important.

Those who do not join an industry specific organization because they may think it is not a good organization or well run, generally do not join as they have no intention on contributing and are mad they will not get something for nothing. JMHO ;)

mdshunk

Not to poo-poo the idea, but you might be let down. In fact, I only have my experience to go on, so I can say that you will be let down. Your mileage may vary.

mdshunk

Those who do not join an industry specific organization because they may think it is not a good organization or well run, generally do not join as they have no intention on contributing and are mad they will not get something for nothing. JMHO ;)
In fact, a person ought to be able to just attend and "absorb" if he or she wants to. Not a thing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.