Pics of quality craftsmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.

360Youth

ill take 16s & 18s anyday of the week.

My brother is an electrician in MD/DC/VA and has migrated to fire alarm systems and is not shy to state his preference (the small stuff) when we discuss work.

Great pics. Although I prefer residential over commercial, I really enjoy fine pipe and switch gear work. I applaud those that do it well. Ever since the "What do ya look like" thread, I have been wanting to start one with installs that we can look back on and smile, whether our own or somebody else's.

Here is a before and after ATS install we did a few months ago.

IMAGE_197.jpg

IMAG0203.jpg

Here is another that I do not have a before, but we added the the disconnect and ATS at a sewer plant and had to some finagling to reroute conductors from meter through switch and back to switch gear in the mecahanical room.

10-10-07_1701.jpg

Not the scale posted so far, but a lot of "art work" comes from keeping what looks good remaining that way.

ceb58

th_parrish003.jpg
th_parrish005.jpg

This is a small job I did. My son, who was 14 at the time, wanted to run the pipe so with a few pointer and help with layout away he went.

mattsilkwood

i love threads like this. i just wish i had more pics of some of the stuff ive done. seems like the camera is always either at home or dead batteries.
its good to see some craftsmen are still out there in this day and age of mc and cable tray.

TwinCitySparky

This was a fun one. I work for a small company. We were contracted to change out the old lighting/dimming system at bosses place of worship. Long story short. 1 other guy working with me got canned - I end up assembling, wiring, hanging every one of these lights by myself, running JLG day after day precariously close to cieling beams and pews (which they would only remove 1 row of!). I wish I took pics of the twenty-five 90 LB. antique fixtures hanging over the alter that I had to "block and tackle" to the ground (with the priests and clergy watching). Many nights and weekends involved. Boss was a proud praying man in the end.

>> Maybe the pics get bigger when you click'em? :-?

PAXCRISTY3.jpg

PaxDimmingRoom1.jpg

steelersman

ill take 16s & 18s anyday of the week.
right on. All I mostly deal with at my full time job is 18-3 and 18-2 control wiring. And after wiring houses for a few years and pulling big conductors in commercial buldings for another few years I prefer control wiring. It's still nice once in a while to work in a house or bend some EMT. One thing I don't miss though is working with MC cable.

tonyou812

Wow! That is some intense artwork. Impressive!

Dont get me wrong but you really have to charge a good amount of money to get that kind of result. If I took that long on a job most of my old Bosses would have put their boots up my butt. With that said I wonder if using a trough, some cable trays and some pipe would have expediated this work a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.