Deals on trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khixxx

I was wondering if any of you guys are in the market for a new truck. I have been looking at the F150 or Tundra.

For an industry that is hurting so much I have not seen the deals that I expected to see.

peter d

You should be able to pick up a new F150 for less than the cost of used these days. I don't know about Tundras but I imagine the sales of them have plunged as well.

220/221

The Ford in no way compares to the Tundra.

I have had both in the past couple of years and the Tundra is far superior.

As soon as the auto makers are denied their bailout money,and after the holiday, prices should come down.

ITO

I have been getting great prices on Tundras and Tacomas.

The Tundras have been about 5k off of msrp, but the Tacos are only about 2k off.

lucky1974

I wouldn't buy a foreign vehicle. I live in America and I buy American vehicles, plain and simple. With the way the state of our economy is i can't see how anyone would look to purchase a foreign vehicle. Just my rant

480sparky

I wouldn't buy a foreign vehicle. I live in America and I buy American vehicles, plain and simple. With the way the state of our economy is i can't see how anyone would look to purchase a foreign vehicle. Just my rant

Yea, but most American vehicles are made with imported parts, and imports are all made in American now. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Jhaney

You do know the Tundra is built right across the river from me in Indiana and the frames are made right here in Kentucky.

peter d

Oh right...like the Ford F150 that I used to own that was made in Canada, or the two Dodge Rams that my dad owns that are made in Mexico?

Chenley

A different animal, althought I used to drive a Nissan 200SX that was built in Tennessee.

"Located in Smyrna, Tennessee, NNA's first U.S. manufacturing operation is widely recognized as one of the most productive vehicle assembly plants in the world. The Smyrna plant, which covers 5.2 million square feet, has the capacity to produce 500,000 vehicles annually. The plant produces the Nissan Altima and Maxima sedans, the Xterra and Pathfinder SUVs, and the Frontier truck."

220/221

When those $80 an hour guys start building a decent product, I will buy it.

The bottom line for me is quality. I'm not going to buy junk tools just because they were made by an overpaid American.

Jusy my rant :D

lucky1974

They may be assembled here but the profit doesnt stay here. I'll stick with buying from an american owned company. The line workers don't make $80 an hour either just the media misleading the uninformed.

tonyou812

They may be assembled here but the profit doesnt stay here. I'll stick with buying from an american owned company. The line workers don't make $80 an hour either just the media misleading the uninformed.

they get better packages than you do. They have their own supplamental lay off benifits that you dont have but you will be paying for very soon. They get like an additional 3-400 bucks a week. I think their problem was they they had it a little to good for a long. They need to come down to reality.

480sparky

I don't make $80 an hour, but I charge that..... All those bennies they're getting cost money.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
My brother in law just went looking at new trucks. The problem wasn't really the price, the problem was he was told that he neede a credit score of 800+ to qualify for financing.

lucky1974

Sorry for sounding off a little. I am an automotive guy and all these talks are starting to get to me.Sorry Ken i didn't look and see you started this post, you help me out and i complain in your thread at the same time.Jason

electricmanscott

So we'll just ignore the fact that there are tons of people that work for these "foreign" companies right here in the US. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.