Economy poll

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Economy poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding off topic and not industry related...

This is the "Electrical Contracting" portion of the forum.

As an Electrical Contractor, the state of our nation, and the economy directly relates to our industry. In fact, it relates to us so much, that ECs open and close their doors daily due to it.

Close it if you will, but off topic it is not, industry related it is, and this is the best place for it to go.

charlietuna

Wasn't this bad in 1992-but the building industry was flat--and it took 12 months before we started seeing improvements in the area i was in. I'm thinking 18 months -- i think americans will rally around the problem and support the government's efforts !

dereckbc

Staff member

As an Electrical Contractor, the state of our nation, and the economy directly relates to our industry. In fact, it relates to us so much, that ECs open and close their doors daily due to it.

Close it if you will, but off topic it is not, industry related it is, and this is the best place for it to go.

Greg FWIW I agree with you and is why I let go. However the other moderators may not feel that way. It also has the potential to get nasty and is the reason I responded with a warning to keep it clean and on track.

Thx All

Dereck

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Greg FWIW I agree with you and is why I let go. However the other moderators may not feel that way. It also has the potential to get nasty and is the reason I responded with a warning to keep it clean and on track.

Thx All

Dereck

I agree too and would like to see the thread stay open. However, as Derek mentioned, it's important to stay on topic otherwise we all kind of know what will happen.;)

electricmanscott

Attention ALL.

This thread is Off-Topic and has a potential to go polictical real quick. I believe it is healthy for an open minded discussion for something we all share common ground with and will not close the thread as of yet. Since this thread is Off-Topic and not really industry related don't be surprize if one of the othe MOD's steps in and closes it with no notice.

If any more political incorrect statements are made, I will close it. So keep it clean and factual. :cool: for now

Can't quite understand why it hasn't been closed yet. :confused:

Not electrical. More importantly nothing anyone says here really matters in the grand scheme of things. Much like the talking heads on tv it's just a bunch of opinions.

Carry on. :D

480sparky

Can't quite understand why it hasn't been closed yet. :confused:

Not electrical. More importantly nothing anyone says here really matters in the grand scheme of things. Much like the talking heads on tv it's just a bunch of opinions.

Carry on. :D

The current economy doesn't affect your business, then?

khixxx

I come to these forums to get different angles of a subject then I make the best educated decision based on other information I obtain. Western PA has been depressed for years. I don't think I would listen to someone from Dallas TX about the economy. However if they start talking about steaks or BBQs I might listen more :)

electricmanscott

The current economy doesn't affect your business, then?

Of course it does and unfortunately right now very negatively. :mad:

It won't be solved by a bunch of electricians on a message board I can tell you that. :grin:

I just don't see how what is being posted here is allowed to continue based on past situations. No big deal.

480sparky

......I just don't see how what is being posted here is allowed to continue based on past situations. No big deal.

Maybe someone will read something, and take that idea and run with it. Who knows who is reading stuff like this. Not everyone here puts on a toolpouch every morning.

electricmanscott

Maybe someone will read something, and take that idea and run with it. Who knows who is reading stuff like this. Not everyone here puts on a toolpouch every morning.

I don't entirely disagree. Although it is kind of humourous to listen to a bundh of electricians who seem to think they have all the answers.

My point was based on history I am surprised that this thread hasn't been closed.

I don't entirely disagree. Although it is kind of humourous to listen to a bundh of electricians who seem to think they have all the answers.

My point was based on history I am surprised that this thread hasn't been closed.

Well, we do have all the answers! (Just maybe not all the right ones...)

But, I do take things into consideration when I come here. You guys are an entirely different side of things. You all look at things differently than I do. So, perspective is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.