Dealing With Screamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

growler

I was starting to think the foreman needs to suffer from a fall down the stairs sometime in the next week or so.

Either that or the kid will just have to stand up to him. I once threatened to throw a foreman off the roof of a job we were on and he never bothered me again. I'm not saying that it changed his character any but he went off to pick on people that wouldn't throw him off the roof.

Bullies are normally just cowards and the minute someone stands up to them they go off after easier prey.

...Bullies are normally just cowards and the minute someone stands up to them they go off after easier prey.

The extreme majority of the time, that is true!

We just went to a "Bully Busting workshop" at a friend of mine's Universal Kempo Karate school.

They talked about standing up to the bully, and use words, and to bring everything out in public, so everyone can see...

We went, because my 7 year old son is in danger of becoming a bully... right now, he is at "vigilante" stage! He just got in trouble at school, breaking up a fight.
And my 5 year old... well... after the "fight with older brother" is over, he goes and gets something to beat the 7 year old up with! (and has won...)

The 3 year old hasn't caught on yet... (Thank you, God!)

Bullies!

Last edited:

~Shado~

Unless you are 'Enlisted' with Uncle Sam...being degraded, humiliated, etc..by some idiot who likes to yell/scream is totally unacceptable. Even in these tough economic times I would be hard pressed to stay in that enviornment.
'NO MAN'... dictates, determines my life, livelihood, etc...by belittling me! I'm no punk and wont take it....period. Does that mean I'm not a team player? I dont think so.

Many years ago in South Carolina, I had a GC that was that way...I had only moved there a few months earlier, just been with the company a few weeks. And in he walks...mouth a yapping, pointing fingers at people and whatnot, hair afire, ...then he looks my way and yells "Do you have a problem?" (I guess it was because I was looking at him during all this going on).
I put down my hammer, walked towards him, said "No, I dont have a problem, because, you are going to go back home, put on your BIG girl panties, then come back here and talk to me like a man!" He started in again about how he was the big cheeze, nothing happens around here unless he says so, yadda, yadda, yadda....I raised my hand, said " Hold that thought" turned around, told my guys to bag it up, because we had another job to go to that needed real work to get done. He stood there looking goofy while we packed up and left. Couple hours later my boss came by, (a bit upset), asked what the heck was going on. I filled him in, he asked when we were going back. Told him I wasnt, until the guy grew up, and he could fire me or whatever. Ended up finishing the job, and the GC never gave me any crap from then on.

Everyone's skillset varies, I don't care who you are. Some folks are natural born electricians, others have to simply work to aquire the skills, and others may bust butt just to become perhaps average, unable to achieve the full goal they may be desparatley wanting.
I look to see what the person is doing, if they are really trying, I will work with them. If they are just milking, waiting for clockout time, that's a whole different story.

quogueelectric

Immediate confrontation is the bullies enemy and my favorite place in life. It has put me in many situations that could have endangered me but there is nothing wore irritating than a bully they are always cowards. Get in his face and shut him down asap. Pain is temporary and bones heal.

Jhaney

Immediate confrontation is the bullies enemy and my favorite place in life. It has put me in many situations that could have endangered me but there is nothing wore irritating than a bully they are always cowards. Get in his face and shut him down asap. Pain is temporary and bones heal.

and chicks dig scars!!!!

glene77is

Treat me like a clown I will be a clown .
Treat me like a jman I will do my best to get the job done.

QQ,

Spoken like a real Man, or jMan, which ever you prefer.
With me, it is the owner who does it. Very unpredictable.

I just keep reading my codebook, and looking for good threads around here.
I don't have any trouble with the codebook! or these threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.