NEMA takes a proactive stance with Obama & Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volta

Good luck

Good luck

Glad they are being pro-active, none of us should be resting too much these days.

But in one breath they say
The forces of climate
change and increasing fossil prices herald an imminent diversification from a carbonbased economy to a more balanced portfolio.

Then go on to recommend (among other things):
? End the moratorium on exploration and production of oil and natural gas in the outer Continental Shelf.

I hope they can look at the very big picture, and not simply concentrate on temporary crutches and handouts that may not be as well invested as they could be for the long haul . . .

Where is the emoticon for hopeful?:)

nakulak

I used to think highly of NEMA, but now that I see they pander to political objectives they have no business being involved in ("end the moratorium on the continental shelf") I have changed my mind and I think they are a joke.

quogueelectric

NEMA is not sitting back on it's laurels, and has taken action to be heard by our new government personnel.

This letter and this letter (the second letter is a slow download)

Oh yeah they can be trusted. I guess the previous administration didnt need an introduction they are here to help. Just like when the fox hears the rabbits cry........... he comes a runnin but not to help.. (Silence of the lambs).

e57

NEMA is not sitting back on it's laurels, and has taken action to be heard by our new government personnel.

This letter and this letter (the second letter is a slow download)
I'm sure that industry lobbiests of of all sectors and flavors look to manipulate the opinions of whatever flavor politician gets elected. And while there are some legalities about just plain sending envelopes of cash to gain favor of laws they helped write get passed and supported may raise eyebrowes - I'm sure they would do the exact same thing if McCain/Palin had gotten in. i.e. make it look like they are not just sending envelopes of cold hard cash....

While our President, and VP have changed hands - the govenment is not new, or the practice of sending these little public letters. It gives the appearance that they didn't already make a lucritive deal prior to them being elected in the first place. And since NEMA didn't have any election locked in - they most likely made deals with both parties up front with these silly letters tailored to political taste for either occassion. In the case of the first letter thay did not really have to change the form letter....

M. D.

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it."

H. L. Mencken

mdshunk

NEMA did exactly what one would hope every manufacturer's association is doing right now. We just happen to have copies of the letters. Bravo, NEMA.

cadpoint

NEMA did exactly what one would hope every manufacturer's association is doing right now. We just happen to have copies of the letters. Bravo, NEMA.

Ditto, exactly what a trade association is suppose to do!

It's kind of neat to see how they wove in all the buzz words swirling in society.

Status
Not open for further replies.