This came from constructiondeal.com

PROJECT REQUEST
Type: Residential
Service Requested: Wind Turbine Installation
How Many Kilowatts: Not Sure

Estimated Project Budget: Up to $5,000

What Stage is Your Project: Beginning - Seeking Information

Additional Details:

I plan on having a 5 bedroom 4 bath house with solar/wind energy. I also plan on building 7 cabin (2 bedroom 1bath) with total home energy. I would like to also conduct a research area to install solar/ wind energy on over 60 acres or land.

Do you think its worth the $20 fee to get the posters contact info?

:D

I think I'm going to do it, just because I need a laugh, and its only about a 15/min drive to their town. I get a kick out of seeing someone's eyes pop out of their head when they get a job cost that is 100x what they anticipated. Is that wrong?

And who knows, they might actually jump on it.

satcom

I think I'm going to do it, just because I need a laugh, and its only about a 15/min drive to their town. I get a kick out of seeing someone's eyes pop out of their head when they get a job cost that is 100x what they anticipated. Is that wrong?

The only one that will make money is, the guy collecting $20

480sparky

It would be worth the $20 to see the expression on his face when he finally comprehends the true cost of his project.

rexowner

Occupation
Electrician

I don't know about sites like that... maybe not worth $20.

You are obviously a smart (albeit stubborn) guy, and if by chance they are
also smart [(even if naive), and being both isn't that
uncommon] they will probably hire you. I would if
I didn't know the electrical trade but encountered
someone who obviously had a clue.

Probably a reasonable thing to do, if nothing else for
the experience.

I'll bet you get the job.

nakulak

I think it would be better spent on a 30 pack and watch the game. Besides, your time + the drive + the phone call + $20 = way more than 20.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
ConstructionDeal.com

ConstructionDeal.com

ConstructionDeal.com email is getting more annoying in my box too.
I avoided membership, since jobs are rarely local, and final-bid results are "closed".

In fact, surfing project(s) status on their website, there's no way to tell if Bids are hoaxes, canceled, or awarded to non-members. If not fraud, it depends on being the selected bidder with no bidder/ID's, or way to locate bidders for a class action. Not even a feedback system from project owners or bidders?

US Common law could not prosecute such fraud, since no claims of investment return are made. Further, the initial-investment risk, $20 etc., is not regulated by the SEC, NASD, Gambling laws, or any regulatory mandates. If projects are simply dispatched to call center-scam artists, no agency, review, or self-regulatory forum exists, to check fact from fraud.

There's enough institutionalized-white-collar crime these days, hemorrhaging from every orifice of capitalism, investment, and the internet, for reasonable people to expect better assurances from legitimate-business concerns.

steelersman

ConstructionDeal.com email is getting more annoying in my box too.
I avoided membership, since jobs are rarely local, and final-bid results are "closed".

In fact, surfing project(s) status on their website, there's no way to tell if Bids are hoaxes, canceled, or awarded to non-members. If not fraud, it depends on being the selected bidder with no bidder/ID's, or way to locate bidders for a class action. Not even a feedback system from project owners or bidders?

US Common law could not prosecute such fraud, since no claims of investment return are made. Further, the initial-investment risk, $20 etc., is not regulated by the SEC, NASD, Gambling laws, or any regulatory mandates. If projects are simply dispatched to call center-scam artists, no agency, review, or self-regulatory forum exists, to check fact from fraud.

There's enough institutionalized-white-collar crime these days, hemorrhaging from every orifice of capitalism, investment, and the internet, for reasonable people to expect better assurances from legitimate-business concerns.
try electriciansnetworks.com. You pay a flat monthly fee ($200) in my case and the leads go out to every contractor in your area that also is a paying member (6 of us total) so there isn't too much competition. Works great for me so far.

build_it

I have had success

I have had success

All,

I know with the economy be as bad as it is and the total number of companies taking advantage of smaller companies and individuals, everyone is a little scared...even me! But, I realized that if I don't work, my family doesn't eat!!!

With so many homes being lost and business closing, there is not a lot of electrical work, just the small gigs, here and there and trying to get new business, was just and is just hard. I came across and ad on google for contractor leads, and as you guess, it was from Constructiondeal.com. I looked at their site and decided to register. As many of you may have started receiving those emails that they send, I started getting too. Now, maybe they are annoying, but they are informative. I decided to subscribe to the service, after calling to find out how it worked in more detail. I was told that I could establish a minimum budget of $150 that would be used to pay for any of the leads that I responded to. That made me comfortable knowing that I would only pay for the leads that I use and that if I didn't get any leads, my budget would still be there.

Long story short, I ended up setting a budget of $500 and was able to see the initial email lead. That job had already been locked so I wasn't charged, but was able to see the contact info. About 2 days later, I got a lead that paid off. My account was charged $20 as I contacted the customer. The project turned out to be a $7,500.00 for just $20.

Now, I'm sure that there are those who have had bad experiences with this company, as with all companies, but, I can say that in the 6 months that I have been involved with Constructiondeal.com, I have been successful. Not all of the jobs have been $7500, but they have been at a minimum $650.

I owe this company nothing, and am not a spokesperson for them, but I just thought it would be a good idea to give the other side of the fence as well.

Others told me not to do it because they didn't have a good experience. Well, what works for you, may not work for me. Call and ask questions before you do anything... For or against!

Build_it

ramsy

Occupation
try electriciansnetworks.com. You pay a flat monthly fee ($200) ..Works great for me so far.

With an 818 number as the only traceable contact for Networx Systems, that website is asking new members for more blind trust than ConstructionDeal.com, or ServiceMagic.

This internet model may enjoy more lucrative bidder fees, rather than charging owners to list in public forums like eBay. Further, nothing seems to prevent owners from abandoning the fee-paying bidders, for a Yellow-Pages contractor. In the wild, Mother Nature prevails and success goes the wolves, not the lambs.

I prefer Ted Turner's business model.
Success goes to those "early to bed, early to rise, who work hard, and advertise."

steelersman

With an 818 number as the only traceable contact for Networx Systems, that website is asking new members for more blind trust than ConstructionDeal.com, or ServiceMagic.

They also have an 866. What's wrong with 818?

Besides I don't need to contact them. I have had nothing but success in the past 6 months since I've joined. I love it. Good stuff.

build_it

Ramsy,

Way to be kill joy!!!

It seems as though you would suggest a few ways to go rather than tear down any efforts we put forth in attempting make our business grow. Weither we go with constructiondeal.com or service magic, or any other services, don't tear us down, give more advice on who we could try.

I know it is a dog eat dog world, but damn man, spread the wealth of knowledge you seem to have on the industry. I will continue to do my due dilligence, but if you have internal insight, please share, as will I.

Build_it

ramsy

Occupation
spread the wealth of knowledge you seem to have on the industry

Industry secrets are revealed when people are properly provoked. Much of this gets deleted.
Search google for your topic, limit the URL to mikeholt.com, see the google-cache link under each URL that fails to load (deleted knowledge). Try wayback.com if you really want to be wise.

BTW Welcome to the forum. Now go search for the term Prevaricate. ;)

steelersman

I think the problem is that it will not give you a location so you can identify or varify a location. Really doesn't have anything to do with his glasses.
glasses?

Why would I need to verify where they are located? I don't need to know that. All I need to know is where my clients are located. And that is what I pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.