Moduler Furniture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iceman

I'm wiring up some moduler furniture (cubicles) in an office tomorrow. The pre-wired flex has three circuits feeding each module. I thought in the 2005 NEC their is a code that says these three circuits must be terminated on a three pole circuit breaker, or be able to simultaneously disconnect all ungrounded conductors with aproved handle-ties. I can't seem to find it, or maybe I'm wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buck Parrish

I'm wiring up some moduler furniture (cubicles) in an office tomorrow. The pre-wired flex has three circuits feeding each module. I thought in the 2005 NEC their is a code that says these three circuits must be terminated on a three pole circuit breaker, or be able to simultaneously disconnect all ungrounded conductors with aproved handle-ties. I can't seem to find it, or maybe I'm wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure it is in the 08 book. The 05 code required handle ties for two circuits on the same yoke.

raider1

Staff member

Yes, If the three circuits are a multiwire branch circuit. Take a look at 605.6 for fixed partitions and 605.7 for free-standing type partitions.

Chris

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
This is in both the 2005 and 2008 NEC and was a code change that first appeared in the 2005 code.

raider1

Staff member
This is in both the 2005 and 2008 NEC and was a code change that first appeared in the 2005 code.

Correct, though now that the 2008 NEC requires ALL multiwire branch circuits to have a simultaneous disconnecting means the sections in 605 are really not needed anymore.

Chris

The Iceman

Yes, If the three circuits are a multiwire branch circuit. Take a look at 605.6 for fixed partitions and 605.7 for free-standing type partitions.

Chris

Thanks chris, I thought it was in there. I think they are multywire branch circuits for fixed partitions. I appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.