passing load and source in the same raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.

relaytech

I have searched the code and cannot fine the answer to my situation. here is my situation. if you are facing the utility meter, there is a 200 amp service disconnect/main to the left of the meter. This service disconnect is also where the service enters the building to the main breaker panel. to the left of the service disconnect is a 200amp transfer switch. what i am trying to figure out, is it code legal to pass the source(from meter )thru the existing disconnect to the utility connection on the transfer switch then from the common feed on the transfer switch back thru the same raceway to the service disconnect box then into the main panel in the house?
thanks

jusme123

Occupation
JW
read 230.7 ('08 NEC) and also look up 'service conductor' in article 100 (definitions)

Last edited:

Buck Parrish

I've came across some load and line cables melted together, energizing the building even when the disconnect/meter was cut off.
Lucky for the little pen non contact tester or we would have been lit up.

relaytech

R
I've came across some load and line cables melted together, energizing the building even when the disconnect/meter was cut off.
Lucky for the little pen non contact tester or we would have been lit up.

yeah, after I submitted the question, I knew the answer, I just don't have lot of easy options. But thanks. I don't do a lot of residential anymore so I'm kind of rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.