Utica Boiler model MGB 50J, wiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotor

My bro-inlaw is a boiler guy, he knows I'm an Industrial Electrician, he asked me to wire up his utica boiler (MGB-50J) for his home, I don't have a lot of experience with boilers, I wired it up, there is voltage at the board but none at the transformer? Do I assume the board is bad or where do I go from here please help? He works for a school system as a boiler guy. Don't know why he couldn't have dun it..

Please help

Gregg Harris

Occupation
Electrical,HVAC, Technical Trainer
My bro-inlaw is a boiler guy, he knows I'm an Industrial Electrician, he asked me to wire up his utica boiler (MGB-50J) for his home, I don't have a lot of experience with boilers, I wired it up, there is voltage at the board but none at the transformer? Do I assume the board is bad or where do I go from here please help? He works for a school system as a boiler guy. Don't know why he couldn't have dun it..

Please help

Should be 120 at P2 0ne and three. If there then check P4 for 24V. Make sure molex plugs have good contact

rotor

Gregg, going there tomorrow I will check that, molex plugs, what if I don't get the readings, then is there any thing else I can do, what then would you suggest? Nothing else on the unit comes on no read out of error codes nothing..
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.