Paralleling control wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

We have (4) E.G. feed one paralleling gear.

1. From paralleling gear control panel we run signal wiring to each E.G.

2. Do we have to run signal wiring from each ATS to each E.G. ?

... or we can group all signal wiring from all ATS in one conduit and run it to paralleing gear without go to E.Gs individually we already has communication between E.Gs and parralleling gear in step 1?

Cold Fusion

anbm -
Your post leaves out a lot of information.

Assumptions:
EG = emergency generator
paralleling gear = A cabinet with synchronizers, speed controls, voltage controls, metering, manual control switches

Sounds good

Short answer is I wouldn't have a clue. What brand? What do they switch?

So, tell us about the ATSs. What do they connect to? What are the two feeds from? Normally generators that are big enough such that more than one is needed, don't use an ATS. Rather, each gen is connected to the bus with an electric operated CB contolled by the synchronizer. So I don't know what you are using the ATSs for.

... or we can group all signal wiring from all ATS in one conduit and run it to paralleing gear without go to E.Gs individually we already has communication between E.Gs and parralleling gear in step 1?[/quote]
I'd look at the MFG application guides, installation guide. If you are still in the design phase, and no equipment picked out yet? Then I suggest picking out some equipment.

Curiousity question: Didn't you have a post some time back about a hospital that wanted to start and load generators as the equipment started up so as to have miminum spinning reserve? If so, is that one connected to this one?

cf

anbm

anbm -
Your post leaves out a lot of information.

Assumptions:
EG = emergency generator
paralleling gear = A cabinet with synchronizers, speed controls, voltage controls, metering, manual control switches

Sounds good

Short answer is I wouldn't have a clue. What brand? What do they switch?

So, tell us about the ATSs. What do they connect to? What are the two feeds from? Normally generators that are big enough such that more than one is needed, don't use an ATS. Rather, each gen is connected to the bus with an electric operated CB contolled by the synchronizer. So I don't know what you are using the ATSs for.

... or we can group all signal wiring from all ATS in one conduit and run it to paralleing gear without go to E.Gs individually we already has communication between E.Gs and parralleling gear in step 1?
I'd look at the MFG application guides, installation guide. If you are still in the design phase, and no equipment picked out yet? Then I suggest picking out some equipment.

Curiousity question: Didn't you have a post some time back about a hospital that wanted to start and load generators as the equipment started up so as to have miminum spinning reserve? If so, is that one connected to this one?

cf[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's me but this has nothing to do with previous question.
Anyway, I got all answers from generator / ATS folks. I am confused myself too. Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.