related to "a bit suspicious"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Christopherson

The thing that I dislike about big-brand laptops is that they use a branded/modified version of the operating system. You can check with the Geek Squad (or equivalent, depending on where you buy) and see if they have an option of installing a clean operating system before you buy. They can do this with all of the proper drivers specific to your laptop, but with a standard version of the OS.

To that same end, unless you are getting a touch-screen laptop, you might want to inquire if they would provide the option of installing Windows 7 instead of 8. During these transition times with a new OS, a lot of places will offer this as an option.

The thing that I dislike about big-brand laptops is that they use a branded/modified version of the operating system.

Yes and no. I've only seen bad rebranding with consumer laptops; the commercial ones, while they have extra software, aren't nearly as bad.

Rule #1- Never, ever, buy a consumer-grade laptop. If this a tool for business, spend the $$ and get a real tool. (Would you expect a Harbor Freight hammer drill to last as long as Hilti or Bosch?)

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Rule #1- Never, ever, buy a consumer-grade laptop. If this a tool for business, spend the $$ and get a real tool. (Would you expect a Harbor Freight hammer drill to last as long as Hilti or Bosch?)

amen.
here we go..... :lol:

after my last HP laptop caught fire..... well, only the battery caught fire, and i carried it out into the
front yard and put it out......

i went and bought a macbook pro. zero regrets, after beating on DOS since 4.01.

it's not cheap.. i don't care. it freaking works. even after the motherboard died
two years into it, i'd never consider switching back. went out and bought another one,
had the first one fixed, and sold it for $1,850... after two years. a laptop with resale value?

a two year old laptop is usually pretty worthless. i was amazed at the resale value.

Status
Not open for further replies.