Spot the violation(s) Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershock

A picture I took of the service and panel that the guy I am working with did. I told him of the violations he had but he told me like always that that is they way they do it.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Well using the knockout above the buss without sealing locknuts or a myers hub is not to code-- also the bending radius of the wires going thru the nipple may be too tight. Others can take it from there.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
That service raceway would require bonding beyond normal locknut's. A bonding locknut, wedge or bonding bushing on one side of the nipple would be required.

attachment.php

aftershock

That service raceway would require bonding beyond normal locknut's. A bonding locknut, wedge or bonding bushing on one side of the nipple would be required.

attachment.php

There is no concentric knockouts left on the panel side of that offset nipple. That nipple would still require bonding?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
There is no concentric knockouts left on the panel side of that offset nipple. That nipple would still require bonding?

Yes, Dcspector gave you the code reference. I was assuming that no one would actually look it up. :rolleyes:

aftershock

........Last paragraph in that section? Still requires a bonding jumper means.

I see it now. I should have read the remainder of that section. Thanx.

The thing I dont like is, even though I can point out a violation, I can do nothing about it. Im low man on the pole here in Texas now. I guess I will have to keep my mouth shut and go with the flow until such a time I am in charge again of my own jobs.

dcspector

I see it now. I should have read the remainder of that section. Thanx.

The thing I dont like is, even though I can point out a violation, I can do nothing about it. Im low man on the pole here in Texas now. I guess I will have to keep my mouth shut and go with the flow until such a time I am in charge again of my own jobs.

No problem....look at the rest of the violations I posted as well.

e57

Not both sides? I usually use grounding lock-nuts inside - sealing nuts outside...

In my area service conductors would need to be in RMC - a die cast off-set would not qualify.

Although with a meter and main so close, and apparently no need for additional circuits - I would have used an all-in one M/M.

dcspector

Not both sides? I usually use grounding lock-nuts inside - sealing nuts outside...

In my area service conductors would need to be in RMC - a die cast off-set would not qualify.

Although with a meter and main so close, and apparently no need for additional circuits - I would have used an all-in one M/M.

One end of a service raceway only is required to be bonded.

B4T

Do they make PVC offset nipples that are threaded on both sides?? I have only seen them in 2 sizes..11/4 and 2" with only one side threaded and the other needing a PVC close nipple.

Status
Not open for further replies.