A PM I received - "THE" question about earth connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

"i never understood the reason electricity seeks the easiest path to ground so i did a search on google and came across one your replies about the earth no being a giant electron sink ect... now i dont mean to drive you crazy but this concept drives me crazy and no one ever seems to want to exsplain it very well, i get alot of it just does who cares why , anyway my main quesiton is why does it i mean if the earth is negativley charged and electron flow, flows from negative to positive why would it flow to a object such as the earth if it also has a negative charge , all this positive negative stuff really gets me mixed up , if you could sum this principal up into a concise clear answer for i would be totally gratefull"

I know there are better minds out there who can explain this better than I can, so have at it. :cool:

Goroon

seeks the easiest path to ground

seeks the easiest path to ground

seeks the easiest path to ground is actualy
seeks ALL path including the ground.:grin:

cadpoint

Who said, OH wait, you said.
An your not going to answer that in X numbers of words, Peter :smile:

Larry's old signatures use to state the answer one of their questions!
... anyway my main question is why does it i mean if the earth is negatively charged and electron flow, flows from negative to positive...

Making electricity and in its use creates a potional difference, and needs a complete circuit to flow, the release of electricity to the undesirable conditions will travel everywhere that's in its path, the earth is and just happens to be a bigger magnet (metal based molten core). It's not sometimes as in the soil (in genereal) your on it's the big picture of the sum of the material beneath you, there is just more of it.

Remember playing with a magnet and pulling in the smaller helpless object, think of this electrical release in reverse. Or it's under the force of the molten core.

Also remember, that the Charge of the use of electricity is shared as the power goes through a circuit the electrons of the material as charging and releasing this "power" as it goes through a circuit. Conductive materials have an extra electron on its out valance shell shell that can release eaiser, and also make is easier to use in using it electrical aspect as opposed to using it in a chemical aspect (valence-shell) (copper vallence here) the copper is a better link to look at first!

One of Newton Laws, Blah, blah, blah :) is that energy is neather created or destroyed, well ok.
Also a head knocked but using the previous statement, that’s why the terminal connection don't get destroyed, as we use electrical devices.

Now the environment of the wire or circuit might be involved but that’s because it attracts things as it's use, and is "charged" positive / negative with electrical service. and terminals can be effected.

Back to Larry's old signature, and a "U" magnet, the magnet is both negative and positively charge in a horse shoe shape it'd pull the smaller item in and the magnet will want the object to equal across both terminals to equal out itself out,(back to Newton) A bar magnet will want to run end to end of the magnet, watch your fingers. Thus, the lines of force of the magnet (as equal and not destroyed (or stressed in this case), it wants to pull -itself eqaully across the polls of the magnet.

Newton, Gravity formula was later used as a proof in many aspects of electrical work, electrical charges between bodies, again its measurable potential differences, of charges, that we install and work around!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.