Piece work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAB

I have not been to this forum for quiet a while so I don't know if this has been discussed lately, but here goes, My boss told me yesterday that we will be going to "performance based pay" (read peace work). I'm wondering if any body out here has any experiance with this pay structure paticularly in comercial work. I'm really interested if anyone in Colorado is doing this but any input would be helpful.

emahler

Could be the best thing that ever happened to.....could also be the worst thing...how is he setting up the plan? There are a million variables.

Rewire

I had a foreman who was way behind on a job ,did not have wire pulled to several finished rooms. The GC was doing a walk thru the next day so he had us put the receps and covers on so it would look like he was ahead. Basing pay on speed could bite you.

emahler

I had a foreman who was way behind on a job ,did not have wire pulled to several finished rooms. The GC was doing a walk thru the next day so he had us put the receps and covers on so it would look like he was ahead. Basing pay on speed could bite you.

hourly pay is also basing pay on speed....but the employee and employer are on opposite teams

emahler

I base pay on skill, a byproduct of skill is speed.

you still need to manage and oversee the work...same if they are paid commission or by the piece...

paying based on skill could hurt you if the guy fakes his skill level....

Status
Not open for further replies.