Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Dissimilar metals

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1

    Dissimilar metals

    Are steel galvanized boxes and GRC cosidered dissimilar metals?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    16,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Horn View Post
    Are steel galvanized boxes and GRC cosidered dissimilar metals?
    I wouldn't think so.... the G in GRC stands for Galvanized.






    And welcome to the forum!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Burke, Virginia
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by 480sparky View Post
    I wouldn't think so.... the G in GRC stands for Galvanized.






    And welcome to the forum!
    As with 480sparky disimilar metals would be ferrous to non ferrous metals.
    Greg

    Electrical Inspector in our Nations Capital

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Logan, Utah
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by dcspector View Post
    As with 480sparky disimilar metals would be ferrous to non ferrous metals.
    Dissimilar metals would also include non-ferrous to non-ferrous connections such as copper to aluminium.

    Chris

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Burke, Virginia
    Posts
    2,561
    Quote Originally Posted by raider1 View Post
    Dissimilar metals would also include non-ferrous to non-ferrous connections such as copper to aluminium.

    Chris
    So true my friend I should cover my self a bit better there. That is why you are a Moderator. Thanks Chris.
    Greg

    Electrical Inspector in our Nations Capital

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Logan, Utah
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by dcspector View Post
    So true my friend I should cover my self a bit better there. That is why you are a Moderator. Thanks Chris.
    No problems.

    Chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •